Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys just a beginner passing through.. can u guys plz help me with my trackpad, currently the trackpad works as a mouse with out no trackpad gestures and its kind of annoying. Laptop that I am using is surface-book 2. I have inserted the required file, if more needed I will provide more. THANK YOU

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 102
  • debug_6428.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 86
  • pi1.JPG
    pi1.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot 2019-03-24 at 10.28.47.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-24 at 10.28.47.png
    412.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot 2019-03-24 at 10.30.02.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-24 at 10.30.02.png
    864.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Disassembled.zip
    142.6 KB · Views: 78
any chance you guys could post a list of *best* supported trackpads? IMO the trackpad really makes or breaks the Hackintosh laptop experience and VoodooI2C is currently the best shot at the native experience. For us creatives this is super important. Seems like the Dell XPS 15 9560/9570 is currently the best VoodooI2C implementation? thanks

Hey team, has anyone had any success with the Razer Blade 2018 Base with the ELAN0406 touchpad?

No. :( Tried everything. Pinning, etc. macOS still do not recognise trackpad. Help!

Thank you for pointing out this mistake. Fixed it and the new files are in the attachment.
Best regards
Is this a precision trackpad? You may check that in the Windows device manager.

Hi guys just a beginner passing through.. can u guys plz help me with my trackpad, currently the trackpad works as a mouse with out no trackpad gestures and its kind of annoying. Laptop that I am using is surface-book 2. I have inserted the required file, if more needed I will provide more. THANK YOU
What's the BIOS device name of your trackpad?

Notice a copy of IOReg is not attached.

Hey. My laptop is a Acer Swift 3 (intel i5-8250U). I installed Mojave. I have a problem with the touchpad. My touchpad is a ELAN0504 (ACPI ID is a TPD0). It doesn't work.I use vodooI2C.kext and vodooI2CELAN.kext. I made GPIO patch, SSDT-XOSI hotpath and assign GPI0 pin. I attach my original DSDT, patched DSDT, IOREG file and clover folder. Please help me. Sorry for my bad english.

Attachments

• DSDT patched.dsl
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
  • MacBook Pro — PC IOREG.ioreg
    5.1 MB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 110
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 91
Hi there. My laptop is a HP 840 G4 (intel i5-7300), installed Mojave 10.14.3.
I've patched DSDT for ATML1000 at I2C0.TPL0 with pin 0x3B and installed VoodooI2C.kext, VoodooI2CHID.kext, VoodooI2CAtmelMXT.kext in /L/E.
My problem is my touchscreen has only single touch. How do I make it support multi touch.

Attachments

• debug_20831.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 88
Hey. My laptop is a Acer Swift 3 (intel i5-8250U). I installed Mojave. I have a problem with the touchpad. My touchpad is a ELAN0504 (ACPI ID is a TPD0). It doesn't work.I use vodooI2C.kext and vodooI2CELAN.kext. I made GPIO patch, SSDT-XOSI hotpath and assign GPI0 pin. I attach my original DSDT, patched DSDT, IOREG file and clover folder. Please help me. Sorry for my bad english.
Specifying the GPIO pin in SBFG shouldn't be necessary. Try leaving it as 0x0 instead of specifying 0x1B. The _CRS patch is OK.
Try removing VoodooI2CELAN and installing VoodooI2CHID instead.

If it's still not working, please attach an archive made by gen_debug.sh. Make sure IOReg is included.

Specifying the GPIO pin in SBFG shouldn't be necessary. Try leaving it as 0x0 instead of specifying 0x1B. The _CRS patch is OK.
Try removing VoodooI2CELAN and installing VoodooI2CHID instead.

If it's still not working, please attach an archive made by gen_debug.sh. Make sure IOReg is included.
Thanks for the help. Now trackpad works, but prefpane is blank. Left and right buttons works as left button.

Attachments

• debug_31292.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot 2019-04-01 at 10.07.55.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-01 at 10.07.55.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Hi, I'm new here.
My trackpad works, can I change the gestures to others? Some gestures cannot be changed via keyboard settings, for example 4 finger swipe in left (work like Command+Tab). Can I unblock them or replace them with other gestures?

Attachments

• VoodooI2C.kext.zip
    101.5 KB · Views: 73
  • VoodooI2CHID.kext.zip
    46.1 KB · Views: 70
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    40.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Hi Folks.

Spent all weekend on I2C and my new Precision 7530 laptop. I've carefully been through the guides and have managed to get to the point that Touch Pad works (Inc. 2/3 finger gestures) but the physical buttons for left/right click do not. Furthermore, OSX reports no identified Touch Pad found.

With reference to installation, I have NOT applied any DSDT patching at present due to some big issues with compiling (using self-compiled lastest iasl and latest MaciASL), however I note that the guide mentions that DSDT patching may not be required if the original Apple Kext files are remove, thus I have removed:

AppleIntelLpssI2C
AppleIntelLpssI2CController

And

AppleHPM

From /S/L/E

IOReg reports successful operation with ACPI ID = TPD1 and APIC pin 0x33. TPD1 is 'Root Well-Pinned' by confirmation in DSDT of a line:

Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG)) towards the end of the _CRS

Questions:

1. Is there any changes I should be looking at to enabling my physical touch pad buttons?
  2. Seeing that my TouchPad does function, am I almost there?
  3. DSDT patching of my extracted DSDT is problematic, does the fact that I have removed the original Apple Kexts and have a functioning TouchPad means that no DSDT patching is required?
  4. Should I attempt to delete:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFI))
and the
SBFI ResourceTemplate lines from DSST

and try hard to compile?

Note, VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID are loaded in /L/E as Clover Kext Cache wasn't working...Wonder if I should upgrade my Clover?

Really appreciate input here folks.

_CRS

Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized) // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
{
If (LLess (OSYS, 0x07DC))
{
Return (SBFI) /* \SB.PCI0.I2C1.TPD1.SBFI */
}

If (LEqual (TPDM, Zero))
{
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))
}

Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFI))
}
}

Thanks

Mo
Same problem as you, do you find a solution ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back