Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add the two Apple I2C patches to your config.plist and test this DSDT please and report.

First of all, thanks for your quick help Quipper!

First attempt with your first DSDT.aml did not work. VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID V2.1.4 not loaded. I saw you changed in the DSDT the pin list in TPAD. Tried also uninstall, re-install the kexts and rebuild/repair. No success. Now I´m trying your new DSDT + 2 patches. Will report in a couple of minutes. Thanks

Add the two Apple I2C patches to your config.plist and test this DSDT please and report.

Forgot to mention in my long text, that 1 week ago, I already had removed this 3 kexts from S/L/E: AppleIntelLpssI2C + AppleIntelLpssI2CController + AppleHPM.kext, since it has dependencies on the I2C kexts.

This was a tip from ben9923 that I tried: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wip-voodooi2c-i2c-trackpad-limited-support.204227/#post-1344206

So, the 2 IC2 patches you are mentioning will have no effect, as the related kexts are no longer there.

Before I removed the 3 kexts, I tried the I2C patches method, no success, but of course with another DSDT.

Now, without the two I2C patches and your DSDT the same as before: VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID V2.1.4 not loaded

Questions:
1.Everytime I make a new attempt, with changing something in Clover or DSDT, do I really have to uninstall, re-install, rebuild/repair the VoodooI2C kexts and the restart? Is that absolutely neccessary?

2.Any other ideas?

3.Should I try some other pin lists in TPAD?

Many thanks in advance, Nico

First of all, thanks for your quick help Quipper!

First attempt with your first DSDT.aml did not work. VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID V2.1.4 not loaded. I saw you changed in the DSDT the pin list in TPAD. Tried also uninstall, re-install the kexts and rebuild/repair. No success. Now I´m trying your new DSDT + 2 patches. Will report in a couple of minutes. Thanks
Forgot to mention in my long text, that 1 week ago, I already had removed this 3 kexts from S/L/E: AppleIntelLpssI2C + AppleIntelLpssI2CController + AppleHPM.kext, since it has dependencies on the I2C kexts.

This was a tip from ben9923 that I tried: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wip-voodooi2c-i2c-trackpad-limited-support.204227/#post-1344206

So, the 2 IC2 patches you are mentioning will have no effect, as the related kexts are no longer there.

Before I removed the 3 kexts, I tried the I2C patches method, no success, but of course with another DSDT.

Now, without the two I2C patches and your DSDT the same as before: VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID V2.1.4 not loaded

Questions:
1.Everytime I make a new attempt, with changing something in Clover or DSDT, do I really have to uninstall, re-install, rebuild/repair the VoodooI2C kexts and the restart? Is that absolutely neccessary?

2.Any other ideas?

3.Should I try some other pin lists in TPAD?

Many thanks in advance, Nico

Thats strange. Did you have changed trackpad settings from basic to advanced in bios?

My DSDT is similar like yours and my trackpad is located under I2C1.TPAD (ELAN) too. I have the exact same DSDT patches but another pin config.

First time to get Trackpad working in mojave i had to boot windows and disabled/enabled the trackpad with keyboard fn shortcut and rebooted to mojave.

EDIT: Have you deleted also the plugins in VoodooPS2Controller? For me it is necessary (VoodooPS2Mouse.kext / VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext)

Last edited:
Thats strange. Did you have changed trackpad settings from basic to advanced in bios?
There´s no option to change something in my BIOS regarding touchpad. RibesX had the same problem in post #793 here, unfortunately he´s not answering my question, if he got his laptop touchpad running.

My DSDT is similar like yours and my trackpad is located under I2C1.TPAD (ELAN) too. I have the exact same DSDT patches but another pin config.
I maybe have to examine the pin config again. Read somewhere trying several pin configs could help.

First time to get Trackpad working in mojave i had to boot windows and disabled/enabled the trackpad with keyboard fn shortcut and rebooted to mojave.
That could be the solution! That also would explain, why my touchpad is like dead regardless what I try.

EDIT: Have you deleted also the plugins in VoodooPS2Controller? For me it is necessary (VoodooPS2Mouse.kext / VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext)
Yes of course, wrote that I my long text, but maybe no so 100% clear. Sorry for that. ;-)

Anyways, I´m abroad for a job at the moment, of course my Win 10 is on a separate M2 SSD at home, so I have to download Windows here and see, if I can manage to install a dual boot system for trying your "disabling/enabling trackpad in windows" tip. For the moment many thanks to you Quipper! I will come around, when more tests are done. Btw, are you from Germany? I am.

Anyways, I´m abroad for a job at the moment, of course my Win 10 is on a separate M2 SSD at home, so I have to download Windows here and see, if I can manage to install a dual boot system for trying your "disabling/enabling trackpad in windows" tip. For the moment many thanks to you Quipper! I will come around, when more tests are done. Btw, are you from Germany? I am.

okay and yes i am from germany

Hello,

my I2C Trackpad is working fine with static patch. But i cant get it working with hotpatch method.
Can someone see what mistake i am doing?

thanks

EDIT: I attach the patched DSDT with working Trackpad too.

I figured out the problem and my Trackpad is now working with hotpatch method.
Renames in clover were wrong and also i build my _CRS Method in my SSDT wrong.

Hi
I recently installed VoodooI2C on my XPS15 9550 (while following a guide for the general install).
I can't seem to move my cursor using my trackpad when I am pressing keys on the keyboard (and about 1 second after I stop).
Is this due to something I messed up? Can this be fixed?

If I need to provide more details, I'll gladly provide them.
This delay is configurable in the VoodooI2CHID/VoodooI2CELAN info.plist. Make sure you're using latest releases of all VoodooI2C + satellite and VoodooPS2.

This delay is configurable in the VoodooI2CHID/VoodooI2CELAN info.plist. Make sure you're using latest releases of all VoodooI2C + satellite and VoodooPS2.
Thank you so much! Changing a parameter in the VoodooI2CHID plist file did the trick.
Thanks again :)

How did you change it ?
I opened the kext file contents, navigated to and opened the Info.plist file and changed the value of the "QuietTimeAfterTyping" from 500 to 200. and saved it. Then I rebooted and it worked.

Hey guys, I'm trying to get the trackpad working on my Razer Blade 15 (2019) and I'm a little stuck. I followed this guide for the 2018 model and it's worked pretty well. I just can't get the trackpad to work.

The config is using the VoodooI2C, VoodooI2CHID kexts, the XOSI SSDT and the _OSI to XOSI rename for the trackpad as far as I can tell. I tried to find an error in the kernel log but I couldn't find anything obvious. Also tried removing the XOSI SSDT, _OSI to XOSI rename and the DSDT. The trackpad is not working and it's not showing up in System Preferences either.

I used the gen_debug script to provide some insight, hope that is still wanted. Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Edit: made sure to use the latest XOSI hotpatch from here and tried to patch my _CRS method differently. I tried these three combinations:

Code:
into_all method label _CRS parent_label TPD0 replace_content begin

Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFI))

end;

Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))

end;

Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFG))

end;

Nothing worked so far though..

Edit2: Tried to follow the GPIO Pinning Guide. My APIC Pin is 0x5a, so my GPIO Pin should be 0x42 (or 0xa2, but I doubt it). It still doesn't work unfortunately. I tried to set my GPIO Pin in the "Name (SBFG.." method combined with all three of the possible _CRS methods mentioned above. TPD0 should be my trackpad and it's listed four times in my DSDT.dsl, don't know if that is normal or not. Not sure where to go from here..

Edit3: Thought I'd upload a new debug log (12404). This one was created with the following patches:

Code:
into method label _STA parent_label GPI0 replace_content begin

Return (0x0F)

end;

Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (I2CM (I2CX, BADR, SPED), SBFG))

end;

Also, I've changed the pin list in SBFG to 0x42.

Edit4: After reading the bulk of this thread it seems I have the same issue as @pauldg and @Razeriste. Trackpad seems to be ELAN0406 and as far as I can tell it's not (yet?) supported.

Attachments

• debug_20026.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 140
  • debug_12404.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back