Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for any help - I have attached the troubleshooting archive.
You have a Synaptics trackpad. Start with VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID.
Apple's I2C kexts are loaded under your I2C controller. To prevent this, add CoolStar's 2 patches to your config.plist. You can find them here:

You have a Synaptics trackpad. Start with VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID.
Apple's I2C kexts are loaded under your I2C controller. To prevent this, add CoolStar's 2 patches to your config.plist. You can find them here:
Thanks! I added the patches, but still no-go on the trackpad. I have attached new troubleshooting files.

Attachments

• debug_23885.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Thanks! I added the patches, but still no-go on the trackpad. I have attached new troubleshooting files.
You should patch your _CRS method to only contain this, as per GPIO pinning guide:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))
That's assuming your APIC pin is higher than 0x2F (almost always the case).
Notice you have the _OSI -> XOSI rename enabled, but don't have SSDT-XOSI on ACPI/patched. You should compile the SSDT and put it there:

Hi,
i'm writing here again because i've a strange behavior when i use VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID.
Suppose i want to copy paste some text from a Word file :
I left click on my trackpad and keeping the left button clicked a move my finger toward the right side of the line. I start see the text enlighted as soon as i move toward the right. Ok.
Then i stop moving right but i still keep the left button pressed. And that when the problem happens. As soon as i stop moving the finger even if i'm still pressing the left button the selection stops. And a new selection start from the point i stopped. I could make a video but i'm not sure it will be usefull..

Does any of this make sense ?

mattia
I found out that is the tap to click feature that is broking copy paste. With that enable as soon as i lift the finger from the touchpad the copy paste stops. With that disable even if i lift the finger from the touchpad the selection is still highlighted and i can continue the copy paste.
Do you have a suggestion for this ?

You should patch your _CRS method to only contain this, as per GPIO pinning guide:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))
That's assuming your APIC pin is higher than 0x2F (almost always the case).
Notice you have the _OSI -> XOSI rename enabled, but don't have SSDT-XOSI on ACPI/patched. You should compile the SSDT and put it there:
Thank you so much for your help! I compiled the XOSI SSDT, installed it, then restarted and the touchpad started working. I REALLY appreciate your help!

I am not sure how to patch the _CRS method as you describe. Could you expand upon your direction there? The reason I ask is that the touchpad seems to be a little strange (touch works, but clicks are not quite right)...
Thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help! I compiled the XOSI SSDT, installed it, then restarted and the touchpad started working. I REALLY appreciate your help!

I am not sure how to patch the _CRS method as you describe. Could you expand upon your direction there? The reason I ask is that the touchpad seems to be a little strange (touch works, but clicks are not quite right)...
Thanks!
Check your system log, see if it stated VoodooI2C is using polling mode instead of interrupts.
If it does, you need to patch _CRS for GPIO pinning. Read the guide:
Notice you already have SBFB and SBFG in your DSDT. You only need to change the content of _CRS to comply with GPIO interrupt requirement.

Hi
I recently installed VoodooI2C on my XPS15 9550 (while following a guide for the general install).
I can't seem to move my cursor using my trackpad when I am pressing keys on the keyboard (and about 1 second after I stop).
Is this due to something I messed up? Can this be fixed?

If I need to provide more details, I'll gladly provide them.

Hello,

my I2C Trackpad is working fine with static patch. But i cant get it working with hotpatch method.
Can someone see what mistake i am doing?

thanks

EDIT: I attach the patched DSDT with working Trackpad too.

Attachments

• debug_17164.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 85
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hi guys,

ok, this is gonna be a long text, but I want to describe my problem with a non working Acer touchpad as accurate as possible.

I have an Acer Aspire A515-52G-71ZX Laptop and Core i7-8565U. Win 10 says in device manager:

I2C HID Device
Name: SYNA7DB5
ACPI ID: TPAD
\_SB.PCI0.I2C1.TPAD

Everything is working, except the touchpad. As far as I understood, I need to use the polling mode, as I have a i7-8565U (8th Gen.)

In the last 2 weeks I tried every single possibility of getting the touchpad to work, but no success. Followed every guide I´ve found.

Uninstalled VoodooI2C kexts, reinstalled kexts, rebooted a thousand times. Played around with several DSDT hotpatches in Clover and fixes and tried using SSDT-XOSI. Nope.

I think, I´m on the right way, trying using VoodooI2C together with VoodooI2CHID kext, as this kext is supporting polling mode (Nevertheless I also tried interrupt mode, but not working). Referring to Alexandre Daoud´s GPIO pinning guide, „the device is supported by VoodooI2CHID if the compatible property is PNP0C50“, what it is. Anyways, tried also the synaptics kext in V 2.1.4, not working.

There was a similar laptop with non-working touchpad from Ribesx in this thread (post #793 and #796), but the proposed solution from ben9923 was unfortunately not working for me. Ben suggested, amongst other things, a replacement in the _CRS method with SBFG in it, which Alexandre Daoud is suggesting not to do to get polling mode working… „In other words, there should be no mention of SBFG in the _CRS method.“ Hmm, I´m confused.

However, I tried every method and combination I can think of regarding DSDT: No patched DSDT, different Win 10 patches (also only Win 10 2018.2), only SKL+ patch, both together, replaced SBFG in DSDT _CRS, some lines erased there (Ben9923/Ribesx), and so on and so forth…

Tried SSDT-XOSI with different Win 10 patches (with and without DSDT hotpatch), no success.

I also tried patching my battery, as I heard, that there are maybe strange correlations between battery and touchpad. Nope.

By the way, battery is absolutely working fine without any patch and with Rehabman´s latest ACPIBatteryManager.kext

I´m thinking, that the preparation works are done correctly, because there are no IOInterruptSpecifiers in the IOreg TPAD section. So in theory I just have to install the kexts, right?

The problem is: VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID 2.1.4 kexts are not loading. No difference between trying to install them with Kextbeast and then repair permissions with kextutility or working via terminal. Only VoodooI2C 2.1.2 is loading properly, but not CHID. I also tried V 2.1.3, there are both not loading. And yes, I followed the Rehabman guides for proper installation and unistallation…

Kexts V 2.1.4 seems to be loaded when I use this terminal commands:
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Users/chris/Desktop/VoodooI2CHID.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /Users/chris/Desktop/VoodooI2CHID.kext
sudo kextload /Users/chris/Desktop/VoodooI2CHID.kext

But then no difference. No prefpane, no working touchpad.

I also tried alternatively all versions of smarttouchpad up to beta 5, no success.

Some info of the current laptop´s state:
All additional kexts are installed under L/E, only FakeSMC is also installed in Clover/kexts/Other.

I also have VoodooPS2Controller.kext for the keyboard installed, but only the keyboard kext is in the plugins (Even without VoodooPS2Controller.kext, no change).

VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID V2.1.4 installed, but not loaded (like mentioned above)

DSDT patched with SKL+, Win 10 and no SBFG in TPAD _CRS method.

In Clover I have some fixes and some hotpatches.

Attached you will find all needed debug files, generated with black dragon´s debug report generator.

Questions:
  • Is polling mode really the right choice?
  • Why are the kexts not loading?
  • What I´m doing wrong?

I would be very thankful for some good tips!

Have a good day and cheers, Nico

Attachments

• debug_Acer A515-72G.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 100
Hi guys,

ok, this is gonna be a long text, but I want to describe my problem with a non working Acer touchpad as accurate as possible.

I have an Acer Aspire A515-52G-71ZX Laptop and Core i7-8565U. Win 10 says in device manager:

I2C HID Device
Name: SYNA7DB5
ACPI ID: TPAD
\_SB.PCI0.I2C1.TPAD

Everything is working, except the touchpad. As far as I understood, I need to use the polling mode, as I have a i7-8565U (8th Gen.)

In the last 2 weeks I tried every single possibility of getting the touchpad to work, but no success. Followed every guide I´ve found.

Uninstalled VoodooI2C kexts, reinstalled kexts, rebooted a thousand times. Played around with several DSDT hotpatches in Clover and fixes and tried using SSDT-XOSI. Nope.

I think, I´m on the right way, trying using VoodooI2C together with VoodooI2CHID kext, as this kext is supporting polling mode (Nevertheless I also tried interrupt mode, but not working). Referring to Alexandre Daoud´s GPIO pinning guide, „the device is supported by VoodooI2CHID if the compatible property is PNP0C50“, what it is. Anyways, tried also the synaptics kext in V 2.1.4, not working.

There was a similar laptop with non-working touchpad from Ribesx in this thread (post #793 and #796), but the proposed solution from ben9923 was unfortunately not working for me. Ben suggested, amongst other things, a replacement in the _CRS method with SBFG in it, which Alexandre Daoud is suggesting not to do to get polling mode working… „In other words, there should be no mention of SBFG in the _CRS method.“ Hmm, I´m confused.

However, I tried every method and combination I can think of regarding DSDT: No patched DSDT, different Win 10 patches (also only Win 10 2018.2), only SKL+ patch, both together, replaced SBFG in DSDT _CRS, some lines erased there (Ben9923/Ribesx), and so on and so forth…

Tried SSDT-XOSI with different Win 10 patches (with and without DSDT hotpatch), no success.

I also tried patching my battery, as I heard, that there are maybe strange correlations between battery and touchpad. Nope.

By the way, battery is absolutely working fine without any patch and with Rehabman´s latest ACPIBatteryManager.kext

I´m thinking, that the preparation works are done correctly, because there are no IOInterruptSpecifiers in the IOreg TPAD section. So in theory I just have to install the kexts, right?

The problem is: VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID 2.1.4 kexts are not loading. No difference between trying to install them with Kextbeast and then repair permissions with kextutility or working via terminal. Only VoodooI2C 2.1.2 is loading properly, but not CHID. I also tried V 2.1.3, there are both not loading. And yes, I followed the Rehabman guides for proper installation and unistallation…

Kexts V 2.1.4 seems to be loaded when I use this terminal commands:
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Users/chris/Desktop/VoodooI2CHID.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /Users/chris/Desktop/VoodooI2CHID.kext
sudo kextload /Users/chris/Desktop/VoodooI2CHID.kext

But then no difference. No prefpane, no working touchpad.

I also tried alternatively all versions of smarttouchpad up to beta 5, no success.

Some info of the current laptop´s state:
All additional kexts are installed under L/E, only FakeSMC is also installed in Clover/kexts/Other.

I also have VoodooPS2Controller.kext for the keyboard installed, but only the keyboard kext is in the plugins (Even without VoodooPS2Controller.kext, no change).

VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID V2.1.4 installed, but not loaded (like mentioned above)

DSDT patched with SKL+, Win 10 and no SBFG in TPAD _CRS method.

In Clover I have some fixes and some hotpatches.

Attached you will find all needed debug files, generated with black dragon´s debug report generator.

Questions:
  • Is polling mode really the right choice?
  • Why are the kexts not loading?
  • What I´m doing wrong?
I would be very thankful for some good tips!

Have a good day and cheers, Nico

Add the two Apple I2C patches to your config.plist and test this DSDT please and report.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    221.5 KB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back