Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect, those are the only two things I did to my DSDT. Here is the latest debug. Thanks for helping!
Well... I'm clueless. Maybe @alex.daoud will know what you can do.

Hi guys,
i cannot apply the patches from the VoodooI2C repository.
My DSDT compiles perfectly without error at first. After applied the patches i got an unexpected end of file error.
Basically there is a "}" too much.

I tried to apply the patches manually (watching what the patches were doing and modifing it myself). I got no error compiling the DSDT but then i see in my log this error : kernel: (VoodooI2C) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::pci8086,9d61 Unknown Synopsys component type: 0xffffffff which seems to mean that the patches are not applied correctly.

Could you please help me ?

Here is my Clover ACPI/origin, my disassmbled DSDT.dsl and my ioreg. My ACPI ID is TPD0

I've replaced my zip with a new zip using the trouble report method.

Thanks

EDIT : Seems like Coffee Lake only works in Polling mode so here is what i did :
Enabled 2 patches in Clover
Modded DSDT to enable polling mode
Compiled VoodooI2C from Github source

Now everything is working fine
The I2C Controllers patch is SKL only. Don't apply patches unless you know you need them. Revert it.

Well... I'm clueless. Maybe @alex.daoud will know what you can do.

The I2C Controllers patch is SKL only. Don't apply patches unless you know you need them. Revert it.
I've reverted it and now using polling mode i got the trackpad working i'm facing some small but annoying problems :
  1. Sometimes the mouse jump on the top right corner
  2. Selecting text or moving a window is tricky. When i click with the left button on a window top bar to move it and i start moving it i cannot lift my finger from the trackpad even if i'm still pressing the left button. When i lift the finger the window stop moving.
What could i do ? Is this a know problem ?

Last edited:
I've reverted it and now using polling mode i got the trackpad working i'm facing some small but annoying problems :
  1. Sometimes the mouse jump on the top right corner
  2. Selecting text or moving a window is tricky. When i click with the left button on a window top bar to move it and i start moving it i cannot lift my finger from the trackpad even if i'm still pressing the left button. When i lift the finger the window stop moving.
What could i do ? Is this a know problem ?
Why are you using polling mode? You can use GPIO interrupts.
After any change, you should attach a new troubleshooting archive to debug your issues.
The next release of VoodooI2C might help with your first issue.
Didn't really understand the second issue you have. Check drag lock preferences in SysPrefs.

Why are you using polling mode? You can use GPIO interrupts.
After any change, you should attach a new troubleshooting archive to debug your issues.
The next release of VoodooI2C might help with your first issue.
Didn't really understand the second issue you have. Check drag lock preferences in SysPrefs.
Because i've Kaby Lake .. does VoodooI2C works in GPIO ?

Because i've Kaby Lake .. does VoodooI2C works in GPIO ?
Yes, it works for Kaby Lake (Also Kaby Lake-R).
Coffee Lake is not supported yet.

Hello. Can someone do me a favor and compile the 2.0.3 source code in Xcode with Mojave SDK for macOS Mojave 10.14.x and attach the zipped kexts?

That would be awesome because 2.1.4 is performing much worse with my trackpad than 2.0.3, so I've been running 2.0.3 in High Sierra, but 2.0.3 makes Mojave kernel panic here during boot.

I am very new to Xcode and always get compile errors.

If there already is a 2.0.3 Mojave compile, I'd be thrilled if you sent me a link.

Thank you folks

Alexandre Daoud just wrote me:
2.0.3 wont work on mojave without changes
its not a matter of compiling it with mojave SDK
:(

Hi - I followed the guide and I cannot get my trackpad to work at all. I have the troubleshooting files attached. Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    907.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Got a cold boot issue (keyboard missing) when VoodooI2CHID.kext and VoodooI2C.kext are in the clover EFI other kext folder
When the 2 kexts are installed in L/E : no more cold boot issue - but then I have to boot with the VirtualSMC arg vsmcgen=1 (else boot failed)
Any idea on how to get rid of the vsmcgen=1 boot arg (consequences of this argument are not clear to me) ?
Attached PR files with 2 kexts in L/E

Attachments

• debug_28338.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back