Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on VoodooI2C + VoodooElan v2.1.4 - Asus Skylake - ELAN1000

in VoodooI2C 2.1.4, clicking the bottom right corner of the trackpad for right-click doesn't work anymore. The bottom right corner right-click still works fine on v2.0.3.

In 2.1.4, even if I set the bottom right corner for right-click in the trackpad settings, it still doesn't work.

View attachment 367788
v2.1+ is using the native multitouch engine of macOS by emulating a Magic Trackpad 2.
That's why right click stopped working.
As you've set it in sysPrefs and it still doesn't work, I can assume it's a scaling problem.
After searching it, the cause is confirmed:
https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C/issues/108

See this commit for a fix:
https://github.com/hieplpvip/VoodooI2C/commit/0a8208f992a364fe931752299c9625fa9280f50a
You may try it and compile yourself. With or without changing the ID to 0x265 (try without first).

Hi all,

I would like to report an issue with ELAN1200 trackpad. I got it working perfectly with Sierra 10.12.6, but the trackpad doesn't work anymore after update to Mojave 10.14.2.

Actual result:
Trackpad cursor movement works only on the login screen. Cursor movement suddenly stops working after login to the desktop. Only trackpad buttons work without any issues.

Expected result:
Trackpad cursor movement works all the time.

Please find problem reporting files attached.

Could you please advise on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Petr

Attachments

• petr_problem_reporting_files_2018-12-06.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 63
I am using hot patching to install voodooI2C on my Dell XPS 9350

the voodooI2C are attaching to my touchscreen see IORegistryExplorer screen grab.
but apple I2C kext are attaching to touchpad even though I have the two Coolstar patches in config.plist

I2C AppleintelLdssI2CScreen Shot 2018-12-09 at 12.09.52 pm.png

note: If I delete
AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext
AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext
then voodooi2c do attach to touchpad, however they don't work very well, tracking is really smooth but two finger click , three finger click etc not working
so I put them back in s/l/e

any help would be appreciated

*debug files attached

Attachments

• debug_1515.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 71
@alex.daoud any news for Synaptics kext for v2? Have notebook and trackpad id is SYNA2B33. After patch DSDT and set right GPIO pin, it works only as mouse without multitouch.

nice7

Attachments

• VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext.zip
    119.6 KB · Views: 64
yes, i try this kext and this doesn't work for v2. any ideas?

I am using hot patching to install voodooI2C on my Dell XPS 9350

the voodooI2C are attaching to my touchscreen see IORegistryExplorer screen grab.
but apple I2C kext are attaching to touchpad even though I have the two Coolstar patches in config.plist

View attachment 371287

note: If I delete
AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext
AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext
then voodooi2c do attach to touchpad, however they don't work very well, tracking is really smooth but two finger click , three finger click etc not working
so I put them back in s/l/e

any help would be appreciated

*debug files attached
You should add CoolStar's patches so Apple's I2C kexts won't attach to your I2C Controllers. Do not remove system kexts.
We can't diagnose what's wrong when the patches are not present. After you make this change, attach a new troubleshooting archive.

Hi, I have a problem with my trackpad. Currently there is no functionality at all. I have a Razer Blade 15 2018 base model. I've tried using the pci8086,a368 string with this DSDT patch with no luck.

Code:
into method label _STA parent_label GPI0 replace_content begin

Return (0x0F)

end;

into_all method label _CRS parent_label TPD0 replace_content begin

ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFI)

end;
I have reason to believe the base model trackpad differs in some way from the advance model. Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• debug_32451.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
Hi, I have a problem with my trackpad. Currently there is no functionality at all. I have a Razer Blade 15 2018 base model. I've tried using the pci8086,a368 string with this DSDT patch with no luck.

Code:
into method label _STA parent_label GPI0 replace_content begin

Return (0x0F)

end;

into_all method label _CRS parent_label TPD0 replace_content begin

ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFI)

end;
I have reason to believe the base model trackpad differs in some way from the advance model. Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
VoodooI2CHID doesn't seem to be loaded...
Try rebuilding your kextcache, make sure you're using the release kext - not modified (Do add your I2C controller to VoodooI2C).

The _STA patch of VoodooGPIO isn't really needed, as you're using polling (GPIO interrupts not supported for CFL yet).

DataHubDxe-64.efi probably not needed, try without it.
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi should not be used, to have native NVRAM working.
FakePCIID.kext + akePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext deprecated, use AirportBrcmFixup.kext instead.

Is your internal keyboard connected via PS2? If not, why is VoodooPS2Controller installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back