Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - hoping you guys can help.

I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 where my touchscreen and trackpad work perfectly with VoodooI2CHID.kext after the Windows 10 DSDT patch.

One small issue, though - when I go to System Preferences, macOS doesn't recognize that I have a trackpad plugged in. This means I can't update the speed of the cursor when using the trackpad - I'd like to make it faster.

Any pointers or help is super appreciated. Troubleshooting zip attached.

Looks like you have not implemented battery status... Although strange, the two things seem to have a correlation.

Looks like you have not implemented battery status... Although strange, the two things seem to have a correlation.
Implemented battery status. Now the trackpad prefpane works.

Thanks!

My ELAN0651 trackpad dies and I have to reboot the computer to get it going again using the latest version of Voodoo - any troubleshooting tips or logs I can provide to help track down this issue? I think it must be a bug in Voodoo.

Solved

I'm an idiot, please disregard the previous message here. I wasn't well pinned and was in polling mode already. Now I'm just looking for what pin to use and having a hard time as I've got 5700000003000000 from IOinterruptSpecifiers and I don't get a valid pin from either either of the lookup tables in the VoodooI2C guide with 57.

Last edited:
Dear,
Dear RehabMan,

I finished setup my laptop a few day ago,
Almost works ok eliminate Wifi card and Touchpad,
I'm using external usb wifi, this's temporary.

So, I'm searching solution for my Touchpad, I thing it use I2C interface but I cannot make it work.

Please help me!
Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_4742.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 76
Dear,
Dear RehabMan,

I finished setup my laptop a few day ago,
Almost works ok eliminate Wifi card and Touchpad,
I'm using external usb wifi, this's temporary.

So, I'm searching solution for my Touchpad, I thing it use I2C interface but I cannot make it work.

Please help me!
Thank you.
Looking at config.plist (Please, remove other config files. They are confusing and not being used when not requested explicitly):
-You have too many unnecessary fixes&patches in your config.plist.
Starting with the config.plist from RehabMan's guide would be a good idea.
-Anyway, FixDarwin and FixDarwin7 are not necessary and conflicting your ACPI setup (as well as others, but I guess they are not related to VoodooI2C. Didn't look much anyway). You should disable them.

-You cannot patch the DSDT for an OS patch and use the _OSI -> XOSI rename.
If you statically patch for this, disable the XOSI rename. You can also undo the DSDT patch and use _OSI -> XOSI rename + SSDT-XOSI.aml.

Looking at the TPAD scope in your DSDT:
-No need to remove SBFI.
-Why did you change GPIO pin at SBFG? Revert it to 0x38, as in origin DSDT...
-Patching _STA is probably not necessary.
-Maybe you can just remove this part in _CRS:
Code:
                    If (LLess (OSYS, 0x07DC))
                    {
                        Return (SBFI)
                    }

If (Zero)
                    {
                        Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))
                    }

Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFI))
Of course, add this at the bottom:
Code:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))

You also seem to have unnecessary kexts in /L/E. Many of them are not necessary...
Please attach a copy of IOReg (.ioreg file) in the next time.

Dear Ben,

I follow your comment (as below) and my touchpad working now. Touchpad work as mouse (touch + click), no multi touch,...
Other parts of your comment are not easy (with me).

Thank you very much.

Please, remove other config files
-Anyway, FixDarwin and FixDarwin7 are not necessary and conflicting your ACPI setup (as well as others, but I guess they are not related to VoodooI2C. Didn't look much anyway). You should disable them.

disable the XOSI rename

Looking at the TPAD scope in your DSDT:
-No need to remove SBFI.
-Why did you change GPIO pin at SBFG? Revert it to 0x38, as in origin DSDT...
-Patching _STA is probably not necessary.
-Maybe you can just remove this part in _CRS:
Of course, add this at the bottom:

Razer Blade 15 Laptop:

Trackpad works almost 100%. Gestures, tap to click, physical click (ect), the only thing I can't get to work is is palm rejection. As soon as any part of my hand/palm touches the pad it moves the mouse/clicks whatever it is the mouse is on.

Tried to do some research on the issue but I can't find any information on where to even start to try and figure it out on my own.

Using the following Kexts to make the trackpad work:
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Requested problem reporting files attached.

Attachments

• Track Pad Issue.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
Dear Ben,

I follow your comment (as below) and my touchpad working now. Touchpad work as mouse (touch + click), no multi touch,...
Other parts of your comment are not easy (with me).

Thank you very much.
You have a Synaptics touchpad, which uses a proprietary interface.
As VoodooI2CSynaptics satellite is not working, you can only have single touch for now.

Razer Blade 15 Laptop:

Trackpad works almost 100%. Gestures, tap to click, physical click (ect), the only thing I can't get to work is is palm rejection. As soon as any part of my hand/palm touches the pad it moves the mouse/clicks whatever it is the mouse is on.

Tried to do some research on the issue but I can't find any information on where to even start to try and figure it out on my own.

Using the following Kexts to make the trackpad work:
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Requested problem reporting files attached.
I see you have an old version of VoodooI2C (< 2.1). Try updating to latest release (VoodooI2CHID too, of course).
Also update VoodooPS2Controller, which now integrates with VoodooI2C to ignore accidental trackpad input while typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back