Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mojave with the new 2.1.3, im having problem with the hardware buttons on the trackpad, they doesnt work at all. Any tips?

Edit: Only the right one doesnt work, but when i press the one on the left i cant drag, the indicator doesnt move.

Last edited:
Until the Synaptics satellite kext will work, you'll only have single-touch capability, I'm afraid.
There's an unsolved problem with VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext.

I won't say I am fine with that but honestly the touchpad is ok for daily usage. It has even the palm detection so I can live with it.
Oh I noticed the new 2.1.3 release and I installed it but with 2.1.3 the touchpad does't work after sleep. No big deal for me because I will stay on 2.1.1 for the moment, but I guess you should know. EFI and DSDT are the same from my troubleshooting archive, I just replaced the kexts with the newest.

Just like @talebabatto said, I am witnessing the trackpad's death after wake up from sleep. With version 2.1.3. Mojave 10.14.0
I am attaching troubleshooting files gathered after wake up.

Attachments

• debug_5702.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 92
Hey everyone, I am in need of some help. I am running macOS Mojave 10.14 (Non Beta) and using VoodooI2C 2.1.1/VoodooI2C-HID. The touchpad on my Acer Nitro 5 seems to be working by touch and only the left click. My issue is, when I shut the machine down, and turn it back on....the machine KP's upon first boot. It then auto reboots and the second time, it boots normally...but my internal laptop keyboard stops working. I have to plug in a USB keyboard for it to work.

The thing that gets me is that when I check the panic logs, it says the cause is the VoodooI2C kext. I'm pretty sure I installed the kexts correctly and inserted the correct patches to my DSDT. I am uploading all the files I can to ensure this can be resolved. It will also include a text of the KP Panic logs for reference. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

*EDIT*
I installed the new version of VoodooI2C and it's dependent kexts and rebuilt cache. It KP'ed after reboot but after it auto rebooted again it does not KP anymore. What I find weird though is that after I manually shut down the system and turn it on via Shutdown ---> Power on, when the system comes back up...the trackpad works but the internal laptop keyboard stops working. I can plug in a USB keyboard and it would work. Alternatively, if I shut down the machine and power it back up, notice the internal keyboard stops working...and then restart the machine when clicking on restart in the login page...the internal keyboard starts working again after the reboot.

When I click on the apple logo and hit Shutdown, it's like the internal keyboard stops working after I power up the machine normally after a shutdown but works fine if I restart it again. What could be the issue? I attached new problem report files. Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_1276.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Hey everyone, I am in need of some help. I am running macOS Mojave 10.14 (Non Beta) and using VoodooI2C 2.1.1/VoodooI2C-HID. The touchpad on my Acer Nitro 5 seems to be working by touch and only the left click. My issue is, when I shut the machine down, and turn it back on....the machine KP's upon first boot. It then auto reboots and the second time, it boots normally...but my internal laptop keyboard stops working. I have to plug in a USB keyboard for it to work.

The thing that gets me is that when I check the panic logs, it says the cause is the VoodooI2C kext. I'm pretty sure I installed the kexts correctly and inserted the correct patches to my DSDT. I am uploading all the files I can to ensure this can be resolved. It will also include a text of the KP Panic logs for reference. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

*EDIT*
I installed the new version of VoodooI2C and it's dependent kexts and rebuilt cache. It KP'ed after reboot but after it auto rebooted again it does not KP anymore. What I find weird though is that after I manually shut down the system and turn it on via Shutdown ---> Power on, when the system comes back up...the trackpad works but the internal laptop keyboard stops working. I can plug in a USB keyboard and it would work. Alternatively, if I shut down the machine and power it back up, notice the internal keyboard stops working...and then restart the machine when clicking on restart in the login page...the internal keyboard starts working again after the reboot.

When I click on the apple logo and hit Shutdown, it's like the internal keyboard stops working after I power up the machine normally after a shutdown but works fine if I restart it again. What could be the issue? I attached new problem report files. Thanks!
Your keyboard (PS2K) is driven with VoodooPS2Controller. You may open a new thread in the "Mojave Laptop Support" forum and attach a new set of Problem Reporting files (as you've made changes since you've attached this archive).

Your keyboard (PS2K) is driven with VoodooPS2Controller. You may open a new thread in the "Mojave Laptop Support" forum and attach a new set of Problem Reporting files (as you've made changes since you've attached this archive).

Thank you for that, I had another thread in the Mojave support for other issues I had and RehabMan pointed out that I had an outdated VoodooPS2 kext. Updating that solved the issue!

Any development previews to make Synaptics RMI work? I am so frustrated, I sold my old Notebook that was with High Sierra with everything working, Core i3 3217u to buy a Lenovo IdeaPad 320-14ikb i3-6006u. I have the trackpad as the emulated mouse. I do not know how to program, but I'm willing to help in any way, whether it's donating or beta testing.

@alex.daoud I have a I2C Elan Trackpad (ELAN0618) - pci8086,9d60. the problem is after the latest updates of the kext the trackpad clickable areas for physical buttons areas (right and left clicks) are not working with the VoodooI2CELAN.kext

Gestures and everything else is working perfect except the right and left click (sort of physical buttons, trackpad can get pressed at bottom left and right) for left and right click functions. They used to work fine prior to 2.0.3 I believe.

Now if I use VoodooI2CHID.kext instead of VoodooI2C ELAN they work fine, but I only have cursor, right and left click working ok but I have no gestures, no scroll and no TrackPad prefspane showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back