Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys this is my first time asking for assistance on this forum, cause everything
is clear that i didn't have to until now. I have attached a zip hope it is all that i need
I'm not sure what my pin is for the GPIO pinning. I get 52 in ioreg which with the guide i
find it twice when i convert it i get 3a an 9a, again not sure if i'm doing it correctly. Or maybe this device is not
compatible with voodooi2c. i have reached the point where i no longer get any ''IOInterruptSpecifiers'' listed
after that i'm stuck. Can i please have some help on this. thank you.
DEVICE: acer aspire E5 575-33BM.
just want track pad all else works good. so dsdt is only patched with GPIO pin an windows 10 patch...
You should place SBFG inside the TPD1 scope, not outside. You can even put it inside the _CRS method's scope, as its not needed outside...

Why did you set GPIO pin 0x0 inside SBFG? You should have 0x3A.

And if you need further help, attach a full set of Problem Reporting. Read the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
You may do it with gen_debug.sh to generate them automatically (Press F2 and F4 in the Clover GUI before running the script).

You should place SBFG inside the TPD1 scope, not outside. You can even put it inside the _CRS method's scope, as its not needed outside...

Why did you set GPIO pin 0x0 inside SBFG? You should have 0x3A.

And if you need further help, attach a full set of Problem Reporting. Read the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
You may do it with gen_debug.sh to generate them automatically (Press F2 and F4 in the Clover GUI before running the script).
hey thanks very much for the reply. I think i have done what you said but still not working. If you cou just look an see if i had done it right again please.

Attachments

• MyInfo.zip
    686.8 KB · Views: 75
hey thanks very much for the reply. I think i have done what you said but still not working. If you cou just look an see if i had done it right again please.
Please attach a full set of Problem Reporting files as requested in post #538.

Hi,
Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14IKB Working Synaptic Touchpad.

Ever since I've been a big fan of Lenovo laptops, i manage to figured it out how to make working
multitouch touchpad!

I was thinking of sharing this solution with everyone who has had problems with Lenovo Synaptic touchpad…

Have had this laptop for about a year, and now there has been a little extra time to start digging solutions to find a functional trackpad ’hack’.
Since there is no support voodooI2C for Synaptic touchpad you have to go to Lenovos BIOS InsydeH20 Setup Utility. To change values at PCH-IO Configuration>Seriallo Configuration>Advanced>Serial IO I2C0 Settings>Connected device (default is Disabled) change it to Custom device> Interrupt mode=GPI0 Interrupt and the rest af the values as it is.

Of course you have to patch your DSDT GPI0 Controller Enable [SKL+] to make it work!!

Doesn't need any GPI0 Pinning!

This solution is also working with Lenovo Yoga 710, since it was my previous laptop..

I used a previous solution before with USB emulated voodooi2c.kext without working multitoch finger trackpad.

At this moment its working with macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208) and (17G2307) BUILD. Haven’t tried with another builds!

even though I knew that updating to SMBios 15,1 was of no use, but I decided to try anyway since my laptop is Kaby Lake ’update’ I7-8550U. But I see no reason why it would not work with previous versions etc 14,1 anyway?

So now got 99% working laptop without sdcard reader support, but that is a small problem because I do not need it though.

question: If I understood correctly there is no support yet for two finger zoom?

THANKS a lot of great forum!

Attachments

• MacBookPro 15,1.ioreg
    5 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_3085.jpg
    IMG_3085.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_3031.jpg
    IMG_3031.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 255
  • IMG_3030.jpg
    IMG_3030.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 228
  • IMG_3029.jpg
    IMG_3029.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_3028.jpg
    IMG_3028.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_3027.jpg
    IMG_3027.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_3026.jpg
    IMG_3026.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_3025.jpg
    IMG_3025.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:
I have a laptop with ELAN 0504 touchpad, BIOS device ID is "TPAD"

Acer Nitro 515-52
Intel Core i5-8300H
High Sierra 10.13.6(17G2208)

In DSDT, I have added the controller patch, Windows 10 patch and as the device was well-root-pinned, I have made the changes accordingly.

The VoodooI2c kext gets loaded but the system logs shows error that the GPIO controller was not found.
Attaching the required troubleshooting files.

Attachments

• VoodooI2C.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 103
question: If I understood correctly there is no support yet for two finger zoom?
Support for zoom will only arrive when the work on the native branch is complete (Or if a user will add it by himself and submit a PR that enables this functionality).

I have a laptop with ELAN 0504 touchpad, BIOS device ID is "TPAD"

Acer Nitro 515-52
Intel Core i5-8300H
High Sierra 10.13.6(17G2208)

In DSDT, I have added the controller patch, Windows 10 patch and as the device was well-root-pinned, I have made the changes accordingly.

The VoodooI2c kext gets loaded but the system logs shows error that the GPIO controller was not found.
Attaching the required troubleshooting files.
Coffee Lake isn't supported by VoodooGPIO. You can try running your device in polling mode (it's much less efficient, but you have no choice...)
See the guide:
https://voodooi2c.github.io/#Polling Mode/Polling Mode

Coffee Lake isn't supported by VoodooGPIO. You can try running your device in polling mode (it's much less efficient, but you have no choice...)
See the guide:
https://voodooi2c.github.io/#Polling Mode/Polling Mode

I tried the guide and made the necessary changes to _CRS method for polling mode.
From the system logs I get this:

kernel: (kernel) VoodooI2CPCIController::pci8086,a369 Starting I2C controller
kernel: (kernel) VoodooI2CPCIController::pci8086,a369 Set PCI power state D0
kernel: (kernel) VoodooI2CPCIController::pci8086,a369 Publishing nub
kernel: (kernel) class: VoodooI2CPCIController
kernel: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::pci8086,a369 Probing controller
kernel: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::pci8086,a369 Found valid Synopsys component, continuing with initialisation
kernel: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::pci8086,a369 Got bus configuration values
kernel: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::pci8086,a369 Publishing device nubs
kernel: (kernel) class: VoodooI2CControllerDriver
kernel: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::pci8086,a369 Found I2C device: ELAN0504
kernel: (kernel) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::VoodooI2CDeviceNub Warning: Could not find any APIC nor GPIO interrupts; if your chosen satellite implements polling then VoodooI2CDeviceNub will run in polling mode.
kernel: (kernel) class: VoodooI2CControllerNub
kernel: (kernel) VoodooI2CHIDDevice::ELAN0504 Incorrect BCD version 1
kernel: (kernel) VoodooI2CHIDDevice::ELAN0504 Could not get HID descriptor
kernel: (kernel) class: VoodooI2CDeviceNub

And the touchpad do not work. Anything else I can try ?

Hello !

Great work for I2C devices ! Sorry to bother you, but I have got into trouble that although the device seems to appear in IORegistryExplorer, there is no response when I touch the screen.

This is a macOS 10.12.6 on Dell XPS 13 9333 (i5 4200U) with the Synaptics Touchscreen
Here are the details from System Report:
Synaptics Large Touch Screen:
Product ID: 0x0af8
Vendor ID: 0x06cb (Synaptics Inc.)
Version: 0.01
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: SYNAPTICS
Location ID: 0x1d130000 / 3
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 144
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0
On IORegistryExplorer it says it's an INT33C2 and an INT33C3

The IORegistry file, modified dsdt, systemlog, are attached.

I am currently using the core kext VoodooI2C.kext as well as the satellite kext VoodooI2CHID.kext. I once tried the touch base's driver UPDD_06_00_316 and it worked, but that package had expired.

Sorry for my terrible English. Any suggestions on how I can make it work?
Did you manage to get the touch screen working, I have the same laptop, would appreciate some guidance.

Hello!

I installed macOS 10.13.6 successfully on my Acer Spin 5.
Touchpad works fine with your kext, but I can't get touchscreen to work. Touchscreen is on USB Bus, name is Raydium Touch.
Please help to get Touchscreen working.

Techspecs are; Acer Spin 5, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB RAM, Kaby Lake, Intel HD Graphics 620.

P.s. Sorry for my bad English. It ist not my native language.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back