Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plugged a external mouse and got the files with the virtual keyboard.
Here is the files now, and the built-in keyboard and touchpad are not working.
Looks like VoodooPS2 is loaded against your keyboard.
Open a separate thread in the High Sierra Laptop Support forum for the keyboard issue.

See kernel log and kextcache output, looks like VoodooI2C isn't installed correctly (therefore omitted from kernel cache, so it won't be loaded). Remove VoodooI2C + satellite kexts, then install latest release.

Why do you have both VoodooI2CHID and VoodooI2CELAN? You should only have one of them installed (Try VoodooI2CHID first)
VoodooI2CUPDDEngine.kext isn't even applicable to your hardware, remove...

Why are you running macOS 10.13.1? Update to latest release.

Looks like VoodooPS2 is loaded against your keyboard.
Open a separate thread in the High Sierra Laptop Support forum for the keyboard issue.

See kernel log and kextcache output, looks like VoodooI2C isn't installed correctly (therefore omitted from kernel cache, so it won't be loaded). Remove VoodooI2C + satellite kexts, then install latest release.

Why do you have both VoodooI2CHID and VoodooI2CELAN? You should only have one of them installed (Try VoodooI2CHID first)
VoodooI2CUPDDEngine.kext isn't even applicable to your hardware, remove...

Why are you running macOS 10.13.1? Update to latest release.

Thanks for the reply. I updated the macOS and cleaned the kext you mentioned. It seems got the touch pad working but the keyboard doesn't work. Here is the files and is it everything we can do in this thread?

Attachments

• debug_26048.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 101
Thanks for the reply. I updated the macOS and cleaned the kext you mentioned. It seems got the touch pad working but the keyboard doesn't work. Here is the files and is it everything we can do in this thread?
I'm afraid this thread is VoodooI2C-only, so you'll need to open a new thread for your keyboard problem (In the High Sierra Laptop Support forum).
Attach problem reporting files there too :)

Glad you have trackpad working ;)

I'm afraid this thread is VoodooI2C-only, so you'll need to open a new thread for your keyboard problem (In the High Sierra Laptop Support forum).
Attach problem reporting files there too :)

Glad you have trackpad working ;)

Thanks a lot. Everything is working like a charm.

Hello everyone,
sadly I'm not able to make this work at all.

I'm on an ASUS VivoBook X556UQK (also known as F556U), touchpad ELAN 1000.
BIOS device name: \_SB.PCI0.I2C1.ETPD

High Sierra 10.13.6
I'm using the latest VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext (also tried the ELAN version with no luck), installed directly into S/L/E. (I also tried putting them into the Clover kexts folder)

I applied the Windows 10 Patch and the GPIO Controller Enable patch from the VoodooI2C-Patches repo.
Then I manually updated the DSDT following the GPIO Pinning guide and applying the hex 0x85 (GPP_D13_IRQ - hex APIC PIN number: 6d) value that I found using the tables (I also tried 0x17, 0x1B, 0x34 and 0x55, no luck either).

I also deleted AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext, AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext and AppleHPM.kext from S/L/E.

I’m always getting the following error:
“kernel: (VoodooI2C) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::ETPD Could not find GPIO controller, exiting”

Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot in advance.

IOReg dump, CLOVER folder (with original and patched DSDT/SSDT files) and a detailed log file are available in the attached .zip.

EDIT: Fixed, thanks to @starcentral.
DSDT was not patched properly.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/voodooi2c-help-and-support.243378/page-11#post-1682671

EDIT2: Touchpad was detected as a normal mouse, then its control panel did not work.
Removed VoodooI2CHID.kext and installed VoodooI2CELAN.kext, touchpad is detected and everything works just fine (with gestures).

Attachments

• ASUS F556U - VoodooI2C REPORT.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Hello everyone,
sadly I'm not able to make this work at all.

I'm on an ASUS VivoBook X556UQK (also known as F556U), touchpad ELAN 1000.
BIOS device name: \_SB.PCI0.I2C1.ETPD

High Sierra 10.13.6
I'm using the latest VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext (also tried the ELAN version with no luck), installed directly into S/L/E. (I also tried putting them into the Clover kexts folder)

I applied the Windows 10 Patch and the GPIO Controller Enable patch from the VoodooI2C-Patches repo.
Then I manually updated the DSDT following the GPIO Pinning guide and applying the hex 0x85 (GPP_D13_IRQ - hex APIC PIN number: 6d) value that I found using the tables (I also tried 0x17, 0x1B, 0x34 and 0x55, no luck either).

I also deleted AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext, AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext and AppleHPM.kext from S/L/E.

I’m always getting the following error:
“kernel: (VoodooI2C) VoodooI2CControllerDriver::ETPD Could not find GPIO controller, exiting”

Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot in advance.

IOReg dump, CLOVER folder (with original and patched DSDT/SSDT files) and a detailed log file are available in the attached .zip.

EDIT: Fixed, thanks to @starcentral.
DSDT was not patched properly.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/voodooi2c-help-and-support.243378/page-11#post-1682671

EDIT2: Touchpad was detected as a normal mouse, then its control panel did not work.
Removed VoodooI2CHID.kext and installed VoodooI2CELAN.kext, touchpad is detected and everything works just fine (with gestures).
Just notice there's no need to remove Apple's kexts to have VoodooI2C working. You can use CoolStar's 2 patches to disable them:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_patches.plist

would someone please help me set the trackpad for my xioami notebook air 12'5? I just made a new efi. Everything works except the trackpad, it recognizes it as a simple mouse

Attachments

• debug_6537.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 125
would someone please help me set the trackpad for my xioami notebook air 12'5? I just made a new efi. Everything works except the trackpad, it recognizes it as a simple mouse
You have a Synaptics trackpad. Like some ELANs, a different satellite kext will be necessary to have multitouch capabilities.
The Synaptics code wasn't successfully ported to v2 (See VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext).
If you have the knowledge, you can try doing it yourself.

You can also try the old v1.0.4, but it's less stable and efficient.

Does this work for ASUS Smart Gesture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back