Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
drivers64UEFI not per guide. You have unnecessary drivers there. AptioMemoryFix preferred over OsxAptioFix*Drv-64. EmuVariableUefi-64 also not necessary when using AptioMemoryFix.

FakePCIID_XHCIMux isn't going to do anything with your hardware. And won't work without FakePCIID.kext anyway. Remove.
Sure you need CoreDisplayFixup.kext with 1080p display?

Why you're both statically patching DSDT and using add-on SSDTs? You should choose one method really.
OS Patch in DSDT is nonsense with SSDT-XOSI, just confusing. Revert it.
Also, SSDT-XOSI.aml isn't suitable for your hardware (Simulates Windows 2012, which probably doesn't let your trackpad work in I2C mode). Get latest version from RehabMan's config repo.

Why did you remove VoodooPS2Controller? You probably need it for keyboard...

Is SSDT-IGPU really needed...?

And please, use gen_debug.sh next time. Your files aren't enough for troubleshooting.
After you fix all of those, attach new files collected with that script.

all right, tried to change some things

- cleaned up the drivers64UEFI but still did not changed to AptioMemoryFix
- removed HXCIMux and CoreDisplayFixup (I was testing to see if it would affect the HDMI output to make my ultra wide screen resulution get recognised 2560x1080)
- removed DSDT, SSDT-XOSI and SSDT-IGPU, now trackpad shows up in ioreg
- installed VoodooPS2Controller along with VoodooPS2daemon and the .plist but no luck getting keyboard to work
- run the gen_debug.sh hopefully you can get more data there

so far these changes were more house keeping than making anything to work

Attachments

• LG Gram gen_debug #1.zip
    837.2 KB · Views: 68
all right, tried to change some things

- cleaned up the drivers64UEFI but still did not changed to AptioMemoryFix
- removed HXCIMux and CoreDisplayFixup (I was testing to see if it would affect the HDMI output to make my ultra wide screen resulution get recognised 2560x1080)
- removed DSDT, SSDT-XOSI and SSDT-IGPU, now trackpad shows up in ioreg
- installed VoodooPS2Controller along with VoodooPS2daemon and the .plist but no luck getting keyboard to work
- run the gen_debug.sh hopefully you can get more data there

so far these changes were more house keeping than making anything to work
missing clover folder from your files

also missing VoodooI2C from your kextcache output

missing clover folder from your files

also missing VoodooI2C from your kextcache output

done, added clover and installed VoodooI2C in /L/E

Attachments

• LG Gram gen_debug #2.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 84
I was using ApplePS2SmartTouchPad kext and it was fine without some handy gestures. So I tried to move to Voodool2C, but it was not working. What I did is that I put in Voodool2C and VoodooI2CHID, then removed ApplePS2SmartTouchPad. After restart my laptop, the touchpad stopped working and keyboard works. Is there anything I need to reconfigure?
Here is my files.

Attachments

• debug_10357.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 82
I was using ApplePS2SmartTouchPad kext and it was fine without some handy gestures. So I tried to move to Voodool2C, but it was not working. What I did is that I put in Voodool2C and VoodooI2CHID, then removed ApplePS2SmartTouchPad. After restart my laptop, the touchpad stopped working and keyboard works. Is there anything I need to reconfigure?
Here is my files.
SSDT-XOSI is useless with the _OSI -> XOSI patch disabled. You should enable it.

You also need the 2 KextsToPatch entries by CoolStar to allow VoodooI2C to load.

SSDT-PluginType1 unnecessary (You have config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true).

SSDT-XOSI is useless with the _OSI -> XOSI patch disabled. You should enable it.

You also need the 2 KextsToPatch entries by CoolStar to allow VoodooI2C to load.

SSDT-PluginType1 unnecessary (You have config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true).

Thanks for reply.
I did the three steps as you mentioned, but after the restart both the keyboard and the touchpad are not working anymore. Is there anything I missed?

Attachments

• debug_30951.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Thanks for reply.
I did the three steps as you mentioned, but after the restart both the keyboard and the touchpad are not working anymore. Is there anything I missed?
You should attach new problem reporting files, I can't guess what's wrong.

It's possible, though very rare, that your keyboard is connected via I2C as well, and emulating Windows 10 enabled I2C connection for it too. But again, impossible to verify/give a suggestion without new files.

You should attach new problem reporting files, I can't guess what's wrong.

It's possible, though very rare, that your keyboard is connected via I2C as well, and emulating Windows 10 enabled I2C connection for it too. But again, impossible to verify/give a suggestion without new files.

Sorry for that. Just updated files on the post #505.

Sorry for that. Just updated files on the post #505.
Your config.plist is corrupt, you should fix it. Re-add what you've changed in it carefully, one patch/change every time, see which one is causing problems. Not sure if that Chinese text in there is helpful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back