Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes my trackpad must be essentially the same as the XPS trackpad but it has two physical buttons. Uncommon yes but very handy actually.

Actually I wonder if the physical buttons are part of the i2c trackpad or are independent devices, PS maybe? because they have their own connection to the motherboard according to the manual. Or Am I just asking nonsense?

How difficult it would be to add support for the buttons in the code?
You can have a look in Windows Device Manager to check for an additional input device, and see how it's connected.
If you have enough knowledge in kernel & kext development, you'll be able to diagnose the input coming from the trackpad and see if it's sending any interrupt when pressing the buttons, then modifying the kext to adapt for this.

BTW, you should not put .aml/.dsl files in Clover/ACPI. Only in Clover/ACPI/patched.
apfs.efi should be in drivers64UEFI. Though you're not using APFS :p
Why you have both HFSPlus.efi and HFSPlus-64.efi? Remove both and get known good driver from the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
AptioMemoryFix.efi preferred over OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi.

You can have a look in Windows Device Manager to check for an additional input device, and see how it's connected.
If you have enough knowledge in kernel & kext development, you'll be able to diagnose the input coming from the trackpad and see if it's sending any interrupt when pressing the buttons, then modifying the kext to adapt for this.

Thanks, I would like to at least take a look.

BTW, you should not put .aml/.dsl files in Clover/ACPI. Only in Clover/ACPI/patched.
apfs.efi should be in drivers64UEFI. Though you're not using APFS :p
Why you have both HFSPlus.efi and HFSPlus-64.efi? Remove both and get known good driver from the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
AptioMemoryFix.efi preferred over OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi.

Those .aml/.dsl files are there just for testing versions of patches, already marked for removal .I don't know why I have both HFSPlus.efi and HFSPlus-64.efi, what a mess. I have been solving several issues concurrently, maybe that's why the mess, but almost everything is working now except for couple of things like the touchpad buttons .

Thanks for the advice really appreciated.

Hello,

My trackpad works fine but sometimes stops working after restarting my laptop.

I must do sudo kextcache -i / and restart and then it’s OK for a few days.

Do you know what could be wrong?

Thanks!

Can someone point me on what file do i need to edit to make the click area of the touchpad left and right click Wider.
The left click and right click areas are too small to the point that its literally unusable on my machine.
As you can see on the picture, its just on the rounded corners that i have to click for left and right click to work, i would like to make them like on the cut-line areas.

DSC05991.jpg

hello!

I just got a LG Gram 14z980 and I'm trying to make it work properly, but its driving me crazy lol, at first I was able to get keyboard working with voodoops2 but trackpad is a i2c device, now I'm trying to make it work, but after adding the patched dsdt.aml with GPIO controller KB+ and pining and adding the kexts, voodooi2c and voodooi2chid I'm getting a kernel panic, can someone help me? Unfortunately I don't have the IOreg prior these modifications as it is inside the pc that is getting the panic and I'm unable to boot without panic as I installed these kexts in /L/E

what I found is that the implementation of the GPIO pining is strange with parts like this (mixing up SBFG and SBFI):

Name (SBFG, ResourceTemplate ()
{
GpioInt (Level, ActiveLow, Exclusive, PullDefault, 0x0000,
"\\_SB.PCI0.GPI0", 0x00, ResourceConsumer, ,
)
{ // Pin list
0x0000
}
})
Name (SBFI, ResourceTemplate ()
{
Interrupt (ResourceConsumer, Level, ActiveLow, Exclusive, ,, _Y25)
{
0x00000000,
}
})

If someone can help me I'm thankful, if there is no way to proceed without IOreg I`ll have to make a fresh installation again.

Thanks!

Attachments

• LG Gram I2C Reporting.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 93
hello!

I just got a LG Gram 14z980 and I'm trying to make it work properly, but its driving me crazy lol, at first I was able to get keyboard working with voodoops2 but trackpad is a i2c device, now I'm trying to make it work, but after adding the patched dsdt.aml with GPIO controller KB+ and pining and adding the kexts, voodooi2c and voodooi2chid I'm getting a kernel panic, can someone help me? Unfortunately I don't have the IOreg prior these modifications as it is inside the pc that is getting the panic and I'm unable to boot without panic as I installed these kexts in /L/E

what I found is that the implementation of the GPIO pining is strange with parts like this (mixing up SBFG and SBFI):

Name (SBFG, ResourceTemplate ()
{
GpioInt (Level, ActiveLow, Exclusive, PullDefault, 0x0000,
"\\_SB.PCI0.GPI0", 0x00, ResourceConsumer, ,
)
{ // Pin list
0x0000
}
})
Name (SBFI, ResourceTemplate ()
{
Interrupt (ResourceConsumer, Level, ActiveLow, Exclusive, ,, _Y25)
{
0x00000000,
}
})

If someone can help me I'm thankful, if there is no way to proceed without IOreg I`ll have to make a fresh installation again.

Thanks!
You can disable the I2C KextsToPatch entries within the Clover GUI. No need to make a fresh installation.

Your SSDT-I2C is dealing with a device named TPD1, but there's no such device in your DSDT.

Please use gen_debug.sh to collect files after booting. Make sure you press F2 and F4 in Clover prior booting.

As I've said, install VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID to /Library/Extensions, then add CoolStar's KextsToPatch entries to your config.plist (link in post #484) :)
not anymore, or the post # has changed. Would like to have these entries. Can someone please provide?

You can disable the I2C KextsToPatch entries within the Clover GUI. No need to make a fresh installation.

Your SSDT-I2C is dealing with a device named TPD1, but there's no such device in your DSDT.

Please use gen_debug.sh to collect files after booting. Make sure you press F2 and F4 in Clover prior booting.

got it, just checked in windows and the trackpad I2C HID name is TDP0 and ACPI/PNP0C50, got the IOreg information but nothing shows there, F2 and F4 are also part of clover, how can I find PIN number if IOreg don't list it.

Any help is welcome!

Attachments

• Troubleshoot LG Gram #2.zip
    3 MB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back