Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what the issue is with scrolling at the moment. It doesn't appear to be happening for everyone.

If you want to stop using VoodooI2C you should uninstall the kext, not use kextunload.

I'm not sure what the issue is with scrolling at the moment. It doesn't appear to be happening for everyone.

If you want to stop using VoodooI2C you should uninstall the kext, not use kextunload.

thanks for your reply Alex! scrolling isn't an issue here on v2.0.1, so I just switched back to that version.
whats annoying for now is that 2fingers tap will mostly be regarded as a left click, which is really killing the whole experience - which is awesome except for that "2fingers bug"! any clue why that happens and how it can be avoided? (except that disabling "smart zoom" doesn't fix it here).

thanks again and cheers!

Last edited:
@alex.daoud Dear Alex (guess it is your name)
I have a Kaby Lake Razer Stealth i7-7500u and was follow the instruction to get the trackpad showed up and working. It's just that it only single-click support and no multi-touch gesture. I am attaching all the required files and hope you can help on enabling multi-finger support for the trackpad. I saw there are somebody else posting on this thread too as they have Razer laptop and no multi-finger support.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon
Thank you.

Attachments

• Razer-Stealth-Trackpad-Files.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 143
thanks for your reply Alex! scrolling isn't an issue here on v2.0.1, so I just switched back to that version.
whats annoying for now is that 2fingers tap will mostly be regarded as a left click, which is really killing the whole experience - which is awesome except for that "2fingers bug"! any clue why that happens and how it can be avoided? (except that disabling "smart zoom" doesn't fix it here).

thanks again and cheers!
I have just been informed that the following fixes the scroll issues on 10.13, please let me know if it works:

"On 10.13.4 HS, v2.0.2 has smoother tracking and scrolling, less cursor 'jumps', faster scrolling than v2.0.1 fixed in settings-->Accessibility-->Trackpad and Mouse--> Trackpad settings and decrease scrolling speed
Slow tracking speed is fixed by "defaults write -g com.apple.mouse.scaling your_mouse_speed" in terminal, I use 15"

I have just been informed that the following fixes the scroll issues on 10.13, please let me know if it works:

"On 10.13.4 HS, v2.0.2 has smoother tracking and scrolling, less cursor 'jumps', faster scrolling than v2.0.1 fixed in settings-->Accessibility-->Trackpad and Mouse--> Trackpad settings and decrease scrolling speed
Slow tracking speed is fixed by "defaults write -g com.apple.mouse.scaling your_mouse_speed" in terminal, I use 15"

hi Alex, thanks a lot for the feedback! have re-installed v2.0.2 to try that out. changing settings under settings-->Accessibility-->Trackpad and Mouse--> Trackpad settings and "scrolling speed" doesnt change the high scroll speed when 2finger scrolling in e.g. safari.
Changing the value of com.apple.mouse.scaling with "defaults write -g com.apple.mouse.scaling your_mouse_speed" in terminal, I use 15" doesn't change the cursor speed. maybe it refers to a mouse, as the name says it? plus in the corresponding .globalpreferences.plist there are some settings called com.apple.trackpad.xxxx (xx=e.g. scaling), maybe I have to fiddle around with these? all in all the poor two finger detection of the trackpad when intending to start scrolling under v2.0.2 is not at the good reaction v2.0.1 had for me.

as for v2.0.2 having smoother scrolling than v2.0.1 might be true but I can hardly verify that with such a high speed.

hope these infos gathered under 10.13.4 HS help you in any way.

cheers!

edit: after reinstalling v2.0.1 trackpad cursor movement is faaast :) which I actually like! but this obv. doesn't correlate to those com.apple.mouse.scaling options, because setting those back to 1 (from 15) and reboot doesn't change the trackpad cursor speed.

edit2: fast trackpad cursor movement correlates to the settings under sysprefs-trackpad-adjust speed, this works now under v2.0.1 here

Last edited:
hi Alex, thanks a lot for the feedback! have re-installed v2.0.2 to try that out. changing settings under settings-->Accessibility-->Trackpad and Mouse--> Trackpad settings and "scrolling speed" doesnt change the high scroll speed when 2finger scrolling in e.g. safari.
Changing the value of com.apple.mouse.scaling with "defaults write -g com.apple.mouse.scaling your_mouse_speed" in terminal, I use 15" doesn't change the cursor speed. maybe it refers to a mouse, as the name says it? plus in the corresponding .globalpreferences.plist there are some settings called com.apple.trackpad.xxxx (xx=e.g. scaling), maybe I have to fiddle around with these? all in all the poor two finger detection of the trackpad when intending to start scrolling under v2.0.2 is not at the good reaction v2.0.1 had for me.

as for v2.0.2 having smoother scrolling than v2.0.1 might be true but I can hardly verify that with such a high speed.

hope these infos gathered under 10.13.4 HS help you in any way.

cheers!
You could try the trackpad options, yeah.

You could try the trackpad options, yeah.
changing com.apple.trackpad.scrolling and com.apple.trackpad.scaling from default 1 respectively 0 to 5 and 5 doesn't change anything.

Hello, I have a problem with my trackpad on Xiaomi Notebook Pro. So I was directed to this thread, but I have no idea what to do.. I don't mind to read things and fix the problem myself, but can someone tell me where to start?

Hi,
I installed a hackintosh Sierra 10.12.6 on this laptop and it works properly everything, even the keyboard works very well with the kext VoodooPS2 however the touchpad can not make it work.
I already tried to install some kext like ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext or VoodooI2C.kext but nothing to do.
the touchpad is recognized by windows as HID I2C and I tried to install the kext VoodooHIDI2C but nothing else either.
another problem is also the control of the keyboard backlight which does not even work.
I have also patched the dsdt but the trackpad does not go ...
I do not know there are other solutions?
I hope you can help me about it.

PS: I posted my dsdt file in case it was needed

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    175.1 KB · Views: 225
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back