Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I have no idea how they got there anyway! Cleaned up too...

I enabled the GPIO controller and pinned my _CRS method below ETPD exactly as described for my trackpad (pins are 0x0055 for me), I even compared my file to others with the exact same machine to make sure I did everything correctly, and I did....

Now when I reboot I can actually see the trackpad in system preferences! :headbang: I also get a LOT more detail in IOReg, but it's still completely dead and unresponsive to the touch....

I know for sure it's working (and not for example disabled in bios) because I can just load the old VoodooI2C drivers and it works without even messing with the DSDT file, but of course the performance is awful and laggy.

Any other thoughts? I feel we're nearly there, missing something obvious... :confused:
You could try other common GPIO pins (they are listed in the pinning guide). Not sure it'll help, but it's worth trying.

Also try putting your laptop into sleep mode, wait at least a few minutes, then wake it up and see if trackpad works.

Still no dice, I was able to get the trackpad working with the same DSDT file you helped me build, and this modified version of the VoodooI2C kext designed for the Elan 1300 I found in deep in a random thread.

Interestingly if I change the pinning in my DSDT to another one, the modified kext no longer works, which leads me to believe it's the original VoodooI2C kext that is broken and it needs updating for newer trackpads.

Also interesting, with the modified kext in IOReg my Elan 1300 no longer shows as "ETPD" but "ETPD@1" (see below). It's also got different IOInterruptSpecificers, and a different location ID.

I wonder if I need to apply some more DSDT patches when I first create the patched DSDT file. A lot of people with similar machines to me are using "Remove _DSM methods", so maybe that's the problem?... I'm also getting a huge number of warnings when I try to compile my DSDT file, nothing serious but a lot of "not all control paths return a value", which maybe is causing a problem?

Anyway this patched kext isn't a long term solution, it's super dodgy and feels like swimming in honey, I'd like to get the stock v2 VoodooI2C working.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 04.29.27.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 04.29.27.png
    387.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 04.24.17.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 04.24.17.png
    329.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 04.16.52.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 04.16.52.png
    418.1 KB · Views: 218
Okay I finally got it working... the issue was that the corresponding GPIO pin for my IOInterruptScheduler (6D) is 0x55, however for some crazy reason 0x55 doesn't work on my machine... I ran through all the pins and when I eventually got to 0x34... boom worked!! :headbang: Thanks for all your help guys :)

Hi everyone, I recently installed MacOS on my fx502vm.
I'm having issues with the trackpad, which doesn't get recognised by the system.

I applied the correct GPIO pinning patches in my DSDT, trying both manually following the guide, and using the patch provided right here: https://github.com/alexandred/Voodo...r/GPIO/gpio_pinning_elan1200_asus-fx502vm.txt

The trackpad works fine with an older version of VoodooI2C I found here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wip-voodooi2c-i2c-trackpad-limited-support.204227/page-35, but it only supports basic input.

I'm not sure if there's something I missed or there's something wrong with my configuration.

I attached a copy of my original DSDT, my patched DSDT and my IOReg, can anybody help?

Attachments

• DSDT_original.aml
    172.8 KB · Views: 268
  • DSDT_patched.aml
    173.1 KB · Views: 224
  • IOReg.ioreg
    7 MB · Views: 234
I attached a copy of my original DSDT, my patched DSDT and my IOReg, can anybody help?

Can you attach the DSDT in the original .dsl format please? Compiled and alone in .aml format is fairly useless.

You should be submitting a debug file for help requests like this:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

That way we can actually see what's going on with your machine.

You've probably done the GPIO pinning wrong, but without the debug files and original .dsl files it's hard to say... The patched .aml file you attached doesn't look like it's been done correctly anyway.

Hi, everybody.
I followed the guide applying the gpio controller and windows 7/8/8.1/10 patches to my dsdt, then I went through the GPIO Pinning guide (ELAN1300, with gpio number 0x55).
The kext installed are VoodooI2C and the ELAN satellite in S/L/E.
Removing AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext from S/L/E, I noticed that the touchpad is correctly identified by system preferences, but however it does not work.

Please could someone help me with this? (ioreg, log, original and patched dsdt in attachment)
Thank you.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 122
Hi, everybody.
I followed the guide applying the gpio controller and windows 7/8/8.1/10 patches to my dsdt, then I went through the GPIO Pinning guide (ELAN1300, with gpio number 0x55).
The kext installed are VoodooI2C and the ELAN satellite in S/L/E.
Removing AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext from S/L/E, I noticed that the touchpad is correctly identified by system preferences, but however it does not work.

Please could someone help me with this? (ioreg, log, original and patched dsdt in attachment)
Thank you.
Elan1300 requires VoodooI2CHID.kext, not VoodooI2CElan.kext.

Hi

My hexadecimal APIC pin number: 0x33 so i tried GPIO pin number 0x1B 0x7B, but my touchpad still not work. I already tried common GPIO pin 0x17, 0x1B, 0x34 and 0x55, but it still the same.
My laptop is Dell e7480, i believe the touch pad is ALPS.

UPDATE:
I'm able to make it work by moving the VoodooI2C kexts to /L/E, remove AppleI2C kexts and use 0x00. It now work just like a mouse, how to make the 2-3 fingers gestures works?

Attachments

• files.zip
    893.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Hi

My hexadecimal APIC pin number: 0x33 so i tried GPIO pin number 0x1B 0x7B, but my touchpad still not work. I already tried common GPIO pin 0x17, 0x1B, 0x34 and 0x55, but it still the same.
My laptop is Dell e7480, i believe the touch pad is ALPS.

UPDATE:
I'm able to make it work by moving the VoodooI2C kexts to /L/E, remove AppleI2C kexts and use 0x55. It now work just like a mouse, how to make the 2-3 fingers gestures works?
The ioreg you sent does not indicate that VooodooI2C is working. If you want me to answer your question about multitouch then you should provide up to date troubleshooting archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back