Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
No good I'm afraid, that DSDT has completely the wrong pinnings for me anyway (the Elan 1300 uses 0x0055). When I fix the pinnings I can see the touchpad in System Preferences but it's still dead and unresponsive to physical touch. I know the touchpad is working because I can go back and use the older Voodoo drivers and it operates but really really really badly, like swimming in syrup.

Fist you write ELAN 1200. Now you have Elan 1300.
Try different pinnings. Was for me the same. One worked then.

That's the weird part, officially my laptop (UX430UA) has the Elan 1200, and most guides say that too, but both Windows and MacOS show it as an Elan 1300, and the interrupt specifiers mean the only pins I can use are 0x0055 :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 10.18.29.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 10.18.29.png
    228.3 KB · Views: 136
No, GPIO Pinning description is not correct for ASUS Laptops. If you only see EDTP you have the wrong PIN.

Screenshot_2018-05-11 10.38.09_MJPAt1.jpg

You may also have to enter GPIO Pinning directly in your dsdt.aml.

Last edited:
I can get all that too, I don't even need to patch my DSDT, just installing the VoodooI2C kexts gives me that info, but the trackpad stays completely dead and nothing showing in System Prefs, doesn't make a difference if I patch the DSDT or not.

Anyway I've asked the dev for some help, for now I've falled back to the older version of VoodooI2C from a few years ago, at least so the computer is usable.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 11.09.39.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 11.09.39.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 168
I'm using the dreaded ELAN1200 and simply can't get my touchpad to work, although others here on this forum with the exact same model laptop (Asus UX430UA) seem to have no problems, including multitouch.

I've installed the correct kexts, patched the DSDT, done the GPIO pinning and even deleted the existing Apple touchpad kexts from /V/S/E (AppleHPM.kext / AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext / AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext)... but nothing seems to work :banghead: The touchpad stays dead as a dodo and completely undetected by OS X (10.13.4) :shifty: I feel like a complete moron... what am I doing wrong? Thanks guys

Debugging files:
You should use RehabMan's config.plist file as a start (suitable for your hardware, of course. That'd be the non-spoof Kaby Lake one). Your current config.plist lacks necessary renames and patches.

Extract a fresh copy of your DSDT with Clover F4, then re-patch it with necessary patches you need + Windows 10 patch. Don't perform any I2C-related patches.
Attach a new set of problem reporting files with new config.plist and DSDT.

Also notice you don't need to remove AppleIntelLpssI2C*.kext + AppleHPM.kext. There are KextsToPatch entries that will 'disable' them for you.
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_patches.plist

Thanks @ben9923

I've cleaned everything up, installed a fresh config.plist from RehabMan, restored the old AppleIntelLpssI2C*.kext + AppleHPM.kext and disabled them using the KextsToPatch entry.

Obtained fresh DSDT files and repatched them just with the basic patches that I need:
  • Windows 10 patch
  • ASUS N55SL/VivoBook - Battery Patch
  • KeyboardBacklight - Asus
  • USB3_PRW 0x6D Skylake (instant wake) for sleep fix
  • Audio (inject layout 3)
I didn't touch any I2C patches as requested... I just did the port limit patch on the new the config.plist so USB 3.0 works good.

I updated all my kexts too, to the latest freshest versions, just incase.

Obviously the trackpad isn't working or even detected by MacOS yet, but as requested here's the fresh debug files:

I've attached the original edited DSDT.aml with only the basic modifications you specified, the one I'm currently booting with, so you can see directly what's inside without decompiling.

Thanks in advance, I super appreciate the assistance. :D

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.3 MB · Views: 121
  • debug_18796.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 01.10.25.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 01.10.25.png
    343.9 KB · Views: 136
Thanks @ben9923

I've cleaned everything up, installed a fresh config.plist from RehabMan, restored the old AppleIntelLpssI2C*.kext + AppleHPM.kext and disabled them using the KextsToPatch entry.

Obtained fresh DSDT files and repatched them just with the basic patches that I need:
  • Windows 10 patch
  • ASUS N55SL/VivoBook - Battery Patch
  • KeyboardBacklight - Asus
  • USB3_PRW 0x6D Skylake (instant wake) for sleep fix
  • Audio (inject layout 3)
I didn't touch any I2C patches as requested... I just did the port limit patch on the new the config.plist so USB 3.0 works good.

I updated all my kexts too, to the latest freshest versions, just incase.

Obviously the trackpad isn't working or even detected by MacOS yet, but as requested here's the fresh debug files:

I've attached the original edited DSDT.aml with only the basic modifications you specified, the one I'm currently booting with, so you can see directly what's inside without decompiling.

Thanks in advance, I super appreciate the assistance. :D
Well - that's good.
I couldn't even see your trackpad in IOReg before, now I can :)

Now you need to perform 2 patches:
1. GPIO controller enable. Available in the VoodooI2C patches repo.
2. Patch the _CRS method under ETPD for GPIO pinning. As described here:
https://voodooi2c.github.io/#GPIO Pinning/GPIO Pinning

BTW, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi (Inside drivers64UEFI) are mutually exclusive, you can't use all three.
I'd remove those three + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and install AptioMemoryFix.efi instead.

Okay I have no idea how they got there anyway! Cleaned up too...

I enabled the GPIO controller and pinned my _CRS method below ETPD exactly as described for my trackpad (pins are 0x0055 for me), I even compared my file to others with the exact same machine to make sure I did everything correctly, and I did....

Now when I reboot I can actually see the trackpad in system preferences! :headbang: I also get a LOT more detail in IOReg, but it's still completely dead and unresponsive to the touch....

I know for sure it's working (and not for example disabled in bios) because I can just load the old VoodooI2C drivers and it works without even messing with the DSDT file, but of course the performance is awful and laggy.

Any other thoughts? I feel we're nearly there, missing something obvious... :confused:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 02.29.52.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 02.29.52.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 282
  • debug_23907.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 206
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back