Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok sir after applying your fix, I will notify you
I have the same laptop as your bro, could you help me setting up Voodooi2c?

EDIT : SET UP :)

Last edited:
I have Kaby Lake and was patch my DSDT with MaciASL using
3.4. GPIO Patches (Skylake+ systems) only, because I have never processor than in other points from guide like 3.3. and I install kext by kext wizard into S/L/E. I make Patch [GPIO] GPIO controller Enable [SKL+]
im using clover from pendrive - I also install on pendriver in efi/clover/kext/others the same kext - VoodooI2C and satellite VoodooI2CHID. Newest version 2.0.1 and my Touchpad/Trackpad - ELAN1200 still not work. I can't make any move :(
What I should do now?

I have Kaby Lake and was patch my DSDT with MaciASL using
3.4. GPIO Patches (Skylake+ systems) only, because I have never processor than in other points from guide like 3.3. and I install kext by kext wizard into S/L/E. I make Patch [GPIO] GPIO controller Enable [SKL+]
im using clover from pendrive - I also install on pendriver in efi/clover/kext/others the same kext - VoodooI2C and satellite VoodooI2CHID. Newest version 2.0.1 and my Touchpad/Trackpad - ELAN1200 still not work. I can't make any move :(
What I should do now?

Provide the requested archive from here: https://voodooi2c.github.io/#Troubleshooting/Troubleshooting.

@ben9923 please help me to fix GIPO Pinning as the result you use to help me to adjust the my trackpad working on version 1.0.4 but I got no chance on 2.0.1 . Please I read the instruction ready but no chance that my track pad is going to work again
Replace the content of the _CRS method under TPD1 with this:
Code:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFS, SBFG))

Replace the content of the _CRS method under TPNL with this:
Code:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))

You might also need to patch the _INI methods of those devices, but keep them as-is in the meantime.
Upload updated files if it's still not working :)

Helo guys, i have already patched my dsdt and i put core and satellite kext (VoodooI2CHID.kext) in the clover but still no luck...
can you guys help me...

Here i attached my dsdt and Ioreg
Thanks

Oh I forget, I'm running in my ASUS X441U ( Intel Core i3-6006U, Intel HD 520). High sierra 10.3.3

Attachments

• DSDT ORI.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 215
  • DSDT Patched.aml
    155.8 KB · Views: 211
  • My IOreg.ioreg
    5 MB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Helo guys, i have already patched my dsdt and i put core and satellite kext (VoodooI2CHID.kext) in the clover but still no luck...
can you guys help me...

Here i attached my dsdt and Ioreg
Thanks

Oh I forget, I'm running in my ASUS X441U ( Intel Core i3-6006U, Intel HD 520). High sierra 10.3.3
Have you read the GPIO pinning guide? Your ETPD device isn't GPIO-pinned.

Multiple OS patches are not good. Undo the Windows 2012 patch you have there.

Also, HECI should be renamed to IMEI. This rename is default in RehabMan's config.plist files.

You are using an old version of VoodooI2C. Ensure that you download the latest version from the releases page: https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C/releases . Then make sure there are no old versions of VoodooI2C installed anywhere in /s/l/e, /l/e or Clover injection directory. Then carefully follow the installation instructions.

Hi Alex thanks for confirming that, or I would have spent months trying GPIO pinning with wrong version VoodooI2C. :crazy:

It took me many many tries and reading every post on this thread at least 3 times, but I am now successfully running trackpad ELAN1300 on ASUS UX430 : VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID v2.0.1. NOTE: that in my case under _STA method of my 'ETPD' I had to replace its contents to only contain 'Return (0x0F)'

Thanks so much everyone!
:headbang:

ACPI ID: ETPD / KABY LAKE R / hexadecimal APIC pin number 6D / hexadecimal GPIO pin 0x55

Last edited:
Have you read the GPIO pinning guide? Your ETPD device isn't GPIO-pinned.

Multiple OS patches are not good. Undo the Windows 2012 patch you have there.

Also, HECI should be renamed to IMEI. This rename is default in RehabMan's config.plist files.

Thank you for your reply ben9923, i just followed ur instruction but still nothing..
her i attached my new dsdt..

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    155.8 KB · Views: 249
Thank you for your reply ben9923, i just followed ur instruction but still nothing..
her i attached my new dsdt..
You clearly have not followed any more instructions. You need to read the GPIO pinning guide. It is linked in the instructions very clearly but I will link it for you directly: https://voodooi2c.github.io/#GPIO Pinning/GPIO Pinning

Carefully read these instructions and do what they tell you to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back