Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I just received my new Razer Blader 15 2018 and I installed macOS Mojave thanks to the vettz500 guide everything works except the trackpad, the sound and the ethernet port.

I have tried several things to solve my trackpad problem but it doesn't work.

If you could help me that would be very kind. ;)
I'm in the same boat.

Attachments

• debug_32451.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
Hello,
I just received my new Razer Blader 15 2018 and I installed macOS Mojave thanks to the vettz500 guide everything works except the trackpad, the sound and the ethernet port.

I have tried several things to solve my trackpad problem but it doesn't work.

If you could help me that would be very kind. ;)
Remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, it should not be used with AptioMemoryFix.efi.
Use latest SSDT-XOSI from RehabMan, with Windows 2015 emulation:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/hotpatch/SSDT-XOSI.dsl

TPD0._CRS is patched correctly for polling mode (or APIC interrupts, which are rarely possible...).

Note: EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is needed sometimes due to memory map problem that causes various lockups (restart, shutdown, sleep) on certain hardware.

Last edited:
Use latest SSDT-XOSI from RehabMan, with Windows 2015 emulation:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/hotpatch/SSDT-XOSI.dsl

TPD0._CRS is patched correctly for polling mode (or APIC interrupts, which are rarely possible...).

Hi and thank you for your help!

I tested your solution but it doesn't work either. I had to put EmuVariableUefi-64.efi back on because it caused me to be blocked for shutdown and restart.

I wonder why they changed trackpads during the year at Razer. Fortunately I use the mouse more often than the trackpad :)

Attachments

• debug_11800.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 66

I tested your solution but it doesn't work either. I had to put EmuVariableUefi-64.efi back on because it caused me to be blocked for shutdown and restart.

I wonder why they changed trackpads during the year at Razer. Fortunately I use the mouse more often than the trackpad :)
It's not that they changed Trackpads during the year. It's that they decided to offer a different, less expensive model. The Razer Blade basic, the model you have is the one that has the different trackpad with an issue. The Advanced model still has the same trackpad that we have support for on here. The trackpad change was probably one of the cost saving measures they went with to bring the price down (I'm speculating, but they had to cut cost somewhere).

Even though they changed to an ELAN device, that specific ELAN is not listed as supported under VoodooI2C. So it will probably be a while until support is added, if ever.

It's not that they changed Trackpads during the year. It's that they decided to offer a different, less expensive model. The Razer Blade basic, the model you have is the one that has the different trackpad with an issue. The Advanced model still has the same trackpad that we have support for on here. The trackpad change was probably one of the cost saving measures they went with to bring the price down (I'm speculating, but they had to cut cost somewhere).

Even though they changed to an ELAN device, that specific ELAN is not listed as supported under VoodooI2C. So it will probably be a while until support is added, if ever.

Ok thank you, anyway I'm not in a hurry I'm already very happy that mojave works well on my razer and it's thanks to you!

*Problem Reporting:
I can use my trackpad even gestures and all works but if I click a file I cant move cursor with an another finger, so basicly I cant move desktop or some other items as well

Attachments

• Problem_Reporting.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 58

No IOReg is included in your debug archive, make sure you have the correct version in /Applications.

N
*Problem Reporting:
I can use my trackpad even gestures and all works but if I click a file I cant move cursor with an another finger, so basicly I cant move desktop or some other items as well
No need to specify explicit GPIO pin in your DSDT, put 0 back in SBFG.
_CRS is not patched for GPIO interrupts.
You should replace its content with:
Code:
Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))

N

No need to specify explicit GPIO pin in your DSDT, put 0 back in SBFG.
_CRS is not patched for GPIO interrupts.
You should replace its content with:
Code:
I put it back again and tried to
Code:
this but I can't made it exactly that is a long method so I can't find which place I should put it I ve tried to delete that method either still didn't work. can you send me replaced method I got bunch of parsing error etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back