Motherboard
ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone, I am in need of some help. I am running macOS Mojave 10.14 (Non Beta) and using VoodooI2C 2.1.1/VoodooI2C-HID. The touchpad on my Acer Nitro 5 seems to be working by touch and only the left click. My issue is, when I shut the machine down, and turn it back on....the machine KP's upon first boot. It then auto reboots and the second time, it boots normally...but my internal laptop keyboard stops working. I have to plug in a USB keyboard for it to work.

The thing that gets me is that when I check the panic logs, it says the cause is the VoodooI2C kext. I'm pretty sure I installed the kexts correctly and inserted the correct patches to my DSDT. I am uploading all the files I can to ensure this can be resolved. It will also include a text of the KP Panic logs for reference. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

*EDIT*
I installed the new version of VoodooI2C and it's dependent kexts and rebuilt cache. It KP'ed after reboot but after it auto rebooted again it does not KP anymore. What I find weird though is that after I manually shut down the system and turn it on via Shutdown ---> Power on, when the system comes back up...the trackpad works but the internal laptop keyboard stops working. I can plug in a USB keyboard and it would work. Alternatively, if I shut down the machine and power it back up, notice the internal keyboard stops working...and then restart the machine when clicking on restart in the login page...the internal keyboard starts working again after the reboot.

When I click on the apple logo and hit Shutdown, it's like the internal keyboard stops working after I power up the machine normally after a shutdown but works fine if I restart it again. What could be the issue? I attached new problem report files. Thanks!
Your keyboard (PS2K) is driven with VoodooPS2Controller. You may open a new thread in the "Mojave Laptop Support" forum and attach a new set of Problem Reporting files (as you've made changes since you've attached this archive).

Motherboard
Acer Nitro 5 (Clover UEFI)
CPU
i5-7300HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti 4GB @ 1920x1080 / HD 630
Your keyboard (PS2K) is driven with VoodooPS2Controller. You may open a new thread in the "Mojave Laptop Support" forum and attach a new set of Problem Reporting files (as you've made changes since you've attached this archive).

Thank you for that, I had another thread in the Mojave support for other issues I had and RehabMan pointed out that I had an outdated VoodooPS2 kext. Updating that solved the issue!

Motherboard
Lenovo ideapad 320IKB
CPU
i3 6006u
Graphics
HD520
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Any development previews to make Synaptics RMI work? I am so frustrated, I sold my old Notebook that was with High Sierra with everything working, Core i3 3217u to buy a Lenovo IdeaPad 320-14ikb i3-6006u. I have the trackpad as the emulated mouse. I do not know how to program, but I'm willing to help in any way, whether it's donating or beta testing.

Sniki

Motherboard
HP Elite 8300 SFF
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 3000 | GTX 1650 LP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@alex.daoud I have a I2C Elan Trackpad (ELAN0618) - pci8086,9d60. the problem is after the latest updates of the kext the trackpad clickable areas for physical buttons areas (right and left clicks) are not working with the VoodooI2CELAN.kext

Gestures and everything else is working perfect except the right and left click (sort of physical buttons, trackpad can get pressed at bottom left and right) for left and right click functions. They used to work fine prior to 2.0.3 I believe.

Now if I use VoodooI2CHID.kext instead of VoodooI2C ELAN they work fine, but I only have cursor, right and left click working ok but I have no gestures, no scroll and no TrackPad prefspane showing up.

Motherboard
Lenovo YOGA 720-15IKB (LNVNB161216)
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Hi - hoping you guys can help.

I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 where my touchscreen and trackpad work perfectly with VoodooI2CHID.kext after the Windows 10 DSDT patch.

One small issue, though - when I go to System Preferences, macOS doesn't recognize that I have a trackpad plugged in. This means I can't update the speed of the cursor when using the trackpad - I'd like to make it faster.

Any pointers or help is super appreciated. Troubleshooting zip attached.

Attachments

• debug_15844.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 50

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi - hoping you guys can help.

I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 where my touchscreen and trackpad work perfectly with VoodooI2CHID.kext after the Windows 10 DSDT patch.

One small issue, though - when I go to System Preferences, macOS doesn't recognize that I have a trackpad plugged in. This means I can't update the speed of the cursor when using the trackpad - I'd like to make it faster.

Any pointers or help is super appreciated. Troubleshooting zip attached.

Looks like you have not implemented battery status... Although strange, the two things seem to have a correlation.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Looks like you have not implemented battery status... Although strange, the two things seem to have a correlation.
Implemented battery status. Now the trackpad prefpane works.

Thanks!

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
My ELAN0651 trackpad dies and I have to reboot the computer to get it going again using the latest version of Voodoo - any troubleshooting tips or logs I can provide to help track down this issue? I think it must be a bug in Voodoo.

Motherboard
Lenovo LNVNB161216 (Clover UEFI)
CPU
i5-8250U @1.60GHz
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 620 1366x768
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Solved

I'm an idiot, please disregard the previous message here. I wasn't well pinned and was in polling mode already. Now I'm just looking for what pin to use and having a hard time as I've got 5700000003000000 from IOinterruptSpecifiers and I don't get a valid pin from either either of the lookup tables in the VoodooI2C guide with 57.

Last edited: