Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya! Been having a bit of a struggle getting going with a new laptop (ASUS Zephyrus M GM501GS). I've followed the guides involving finding the GPIO pin, and tried a variety of the other common pins, and I'm not getting anywhere in getting the trackpad working. I feel like I'm probably missing something, but I've spent a few hours experimenting and not managed to get anywhere.

Error message is "Could not get interrupt event source", which I'm aware should mean I haven't set up the pins, but I've definitely added the entry according to the guides... Feel free to tell me if I've done something entirely stupid, but I've spent a few hours fiddling around by now and I've not gotten anywhere.

Thanks!

Attachments

• ZephyrusM.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
By installing windows I confirmed my i2c device location is TPD0. But same time I found HID compliant touchpad in my device manager. After installing High sierra don't see TPD0 under i2c0@15 At the same time I can see PS2M. Whats wrong help me out.
I suspect my device is dual one PS2 and I2c

Attachments

• IMG_20180912_033350.jpg
    IMG_20180912_033350.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 207
  • ioreg.ioreg
    6.6 MB · Views: 171
Yes, I've been following that guide from the thread in FAQ.

To proceed with GPIO pinning I need my device to show up in IOReg. And for this i need to apply Windows patches. That's where my problem is. Applying different Windows patches leads to different results:
1. My keyboard dies, but the touchpad starts to show up in IOreg
2. Nothing changes
3. Mac stops loading on "Legacy shim"

Neither of this outcomes pleases me, so i cry for help here.

Hi,
Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14IKB Working Synaptic Touchpad.

Ever since I've been a big fan of Lenovo laptops, i manage to figured it out how to make working
multitouch touchpad!

I was thinking of sharing this solution with everyone who has had problems with Lenovo Synaptic touchpad…

Have had this laptop for about a year, and now there has been a little extra time to start digging solutions to find a functional trackpad ’hack’.
Since there is no support voodooI2C for Synaptic touchpad you have to go to Lenovos BIOS InsydeH20 Setup Utility. To change values at PCH-IO Configuration>Seriallo Configuration>Advanced>Serial IO I2C0 Settings>Connected device (default is Disabled) change it to Custom device> Interrupt mode=GPI0 Interrupt and the rest af the values as it is.

Of course you have to patch your DSDT GPI0 Controller Enable [SKL+] to make it work!!

Doesn't need any GPI0 Pinning!

This solution is also working with Lenovo Yoga 710, since it was my previous laptop..

I used a previous solution before with USB emulated voodooi2c.kext without working multitoch finger trackpad.

At this moment its working with macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208) and (17G2307) BUILD. Haven’t tried with another builds!

even though I knew that updating to SMBios 15,1 was of no use, but I decided to try anyway since my laptop is Kaby Lake ’update’ I7-8550U. But I see no reason why it would not work with previous versions etc 14,1 anyway?

So now got 99% working laptop without sdcard reader support, but that is a small problem because I do not need it though.

question: If I understood correctly there is no support yet for two finger zoom?

THANKS a lot of great forum!

Hello lemnitz3

I have a lenovo ideapad 320 notebook and it has practically the same trackpad as yours, patched the DSDT GPIO Pinned and windows 10 patch, worked but no gestures, I saw that you got through Bios.
How did you get to the Advanced Menu? in my does not appear, the version of my bios is insydeH20 rev5.0. Give me that tip there. Thank you

Hi everyone, I have a Dell 5570 with i7 8550u and I'm having trouble getting the trackpad to work with VoodooI2C (It works as a mouse with two finger scrolling with voodoops2controller). However, when I use VoodooI2C, only the touchscreen is recognized as a multi touch trackpad, but not the internat touchpad, and I loose mouse functionality.

I know for a fact my trackpad can be used in both i2c and ps2 modes as it is loaded correctly in windows. I believe my trackpad is at _SB.PCI0.I2C0.TPD0 and my Touchpad is at _SB.PCI0.I2C1.TPL1.

Here are all my debug files including preboot.log ioreg and clover folder.

Attachments

• debug_6097.zip
    7 MB · Views: 94
Hiya! Been having a bit of a struggle getting going with a new laptop (ASUS Zephyrus M GM501GS). I've followed the guides involving finding the GPIO pin, and tried a variety of the other common pins, and I'm not getting anywhere in getting the trackpad working. I feel like I'm probably missing something, but I've spent a few hours experimenting and not managed to get anywhere.

Error message is "Could not get interrupt event source", which I'm aware should mean I haven't set up the pins, but I've definitely added the entry according to the guides... Feel free to tell me if I've done something entirely stupid, but I've spent a few hours fiddling around by now and I've not gotten anywhere.

Thanks!
You should only use VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID.

By installing windows I confirmed my i2c device location is TPD0. But same time I found HID compliant touchpad in my device manager. After installing High sierra don't see TPD0 under i2c0@15 At the same time I can see PS2M. Whats wrong help me out.
I suspect my device is dual one PS2 and I2c
You should attach full problem reporting files. Your touchpad does seem like dual PS2/I2C.
Notice: Your config.plist lacks necessary renames. You should start with RehabMan's config.plist for your hardware:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config
Your SMBIOS is truncated, you should use the Dell SMBIOS patch.

You should attach your problem reporting files.
About the keyboard problem - possibly it's also connected via I2C (using I2C 'mode' with correct OS patch), so PS2 drivers won't attach to it.

Hi everyone, I have a Dell 5570 with i7 8550u and I'm having trouble getting the trackpad to work with VoodooI2C (It works as a mouse with two finger scrolling with voodoops2controller). However, when I use VoodooI2C, only the touchscreen is recognized as a multi touch trackpad, but not the internat touchpad, and I loose mouse functionality.

I know for a fact my trackpad can be used in both i2c and ps2 modes as it is loaded correctly in windows. I believe my trackpad is at _SB.PCI0.I2C0.TPD0 and my Touchpad is at _SB.PCI0.I2C1.TPL1.

Here are all my debug files including preboot.log ioreg and clover folder.
IOReg not attached. Make sure you have correct version installed per gen_debug.sh instructions.

@ben9923 here ?
i just wanted to know where the problem is
i have two problems
trackpad works but sliding every where after release my finger and no trackpad found in system preferences
speakers alc230 is not working but headphone and hdmi works fine

i think that is the files what you want

Attachments

• debug_4211.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back