VoodooI2C Help and Support

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 Mid 2019
CPU
i7-9750h
Graphics
UHD 630 + RTX 2070
Hello guys,

I recently installed the macOS mojave b4 on my laptop. Most of functions work fine except for the trackpad. I believe my laptop's trackpad is Synaptics (not very sure which model) and I have patched the DSDT with Windows patch and GPI0 controller patch. It seems like my trackpad device doesn't need pin config. So I installed the kexts to L/E directly. But the trackpad is not recognized in the System Preference and there is no input at all. Could someone help me debug? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Attached is the debug file.

PS: the trackpad recognized in windows 10 has a bios id of I2C0.TPAD

Attachments

• debug.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Many thanks for this!
I finally got it almost right with the ELAN1000 (High Sierra) using the last version of kexts and patched DSDT.
The only issue is that the pointer keeps moving even if I'm not dragging the finger anymore, until I tap again. Any workaround for this?
I previously got it working with a specific Voodooi2c kext that was only for the elan1000, it didn't have this issue but was very buggy since it was from like 2016.
Did you patch your DSDT for GPIO interrupts? Are you using VoodooI2CELAN? Latest versions of the kexts?
For analysis, you'll need to attach problem reporting files...

Hello guys,

I recently installed the macOS mojave b4 on my laptop. Most of functions work fine except for the trackpad. I believe my laptop's trackpad is Synaptics (not very sure which model) and I have patched the DSDT with Windows patch and GPI0 controller patch. It seems like my trackpad device doesn't need pin config. So I installed the kexts to L/E directly. But the trackpad is not recognized in the System Preference and there is no input at all. Could someone help me debug? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Attached is the debug file.

PS: the trackpad recognized in windows 10 has a bios id of I2C0.TPAD
Your I2C Controller's id (8086,a386) isn't supported by VoodooI2C. You can try adding it to the info.plist.
Notice: Current VoodooI2CHID release panics in macOS Mojave. You can find a modified kext in the appropriate GitHub issue page, but support won't be given for this kext. This modification isn't stable for an official release, and a proper fix will be found somewhen after the Mojave release.

Motherboard
HP Probook 450 G5
CPU
I5-8250
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Feedback on v2.0.3 of VoodooI2C on HP Probook 450 G5 running macOS 10.13.4:

5 - finger movement to center on the pad leads to instant crash of the hackintosh, the backtrace shows it crashes due too IOHIDfamily and VoodooI2C. cool way to immediately shut the hack down ;) joke!

other than the not (reliably) working 2-finger tap (=right mouse click), everything else seems to be ok. and the latter can be avoided by doing a right click (=Press on trackpad) instead of tap.

keep up the good work, looking forward to trying the next iteration!

kind regards!

Last edited:
Motherboard
acer aspire E5 575-33BM
CPU
i3 7100u
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hey guys this is my first time asking for assistance on this forum, cause everything
is clear that i didn't have to until now. I have attached a zip hope it is all that i need
I'm not sure what my pin is for the GPIO pinning. I get 52 in ioreg which with the guide i
find it twice when i convert it i get 3a an 9a, again not sure if i'm doing it correctly. Or maybe this device is not
compatible with voodooi2c. i have reached the point where i no longer get any ''IOInterruptSpecifiers'' listed
after that i'm stuck. Can i please have some help on this. thank you.
DEVICE: acer aspire E5 575-33BM.
just want track pad all else works good. so dsdt is only patched with GPIO pin an windows 10 patch...

Attachments

• MyInfo.zip
    804.1 KB · Views: 44
Motherboard
ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey guys this is my first time asking for assistance on this forum, cause everything
is clear that i didn't have to until now. I have attached a zip hope it is all that i need
I'm not sure what my pin is for the GPIO pinning. I get 52 in ioreg which with the guide i
find it twice when i convert it i get 3a an 9a, again not sure if i'm doing it correctly. Or maybe this device is not
compatible with voodooi2c. i have reached the point where i no longer get any ''IOInterruptSpecifiers'' listed
after that i'm stuck. Can i please have some help on this. thank you.
DEVICE: acer aspire E5 575-33BM.
just want track pad all else works good. so dsdt is only patched with GPIO pin an windows 10 patch...
You should place SBFG inside the TPD1 scope, not outside. You can even put it inside the _CRS method's scope, as its not needed outside...

Why did you set GPIO pin 0x0 inside SBFG? You should have 0x3A.

And if you need further help, attach a full set of Problem Reporting. Read the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
You may do it with gen_debug.sh to generate them automatically (Press F2 and F4 in the Clover GUI before running the script).

Motherboard
acer aspire E5 575-33BM
CPU
i3 7100u
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
You should place SBFG inside the TPD1 scope, not outside. You can even put it inside the _CRS method's scope, as its not needed outside...

Why did you set GPIO pin 0x0 inside SBFG? You should have 0x3A.

And if you need further help, attach a full set of Problem Reporting. Read the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
You may do it with gen_debug.sh to generate them automatically (Press F2 and F4 in the Clover GUI before running the script).
hey thanks very much for the reply. I think i have done what you said but still not working. If you cou just look an see if i had done it right again please.

Attachments

• MyInfo.zip
    686.8 KB · Views: 56
Motherboard
ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey thanks very much for the reply. I think i have done what you said but still not working. If you cou just look an see if i had done it right again please.
Please attach a full set of Problem Reporting files as requested in post #538.

Motherboard
ASUS B150-I PRO GAMING/WIFI/AURA
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 64/ HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi,
Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14IKB Working Synaptic Touchpad.

Ever since I've been a big fan of Lenovo laptops, i manage to figured it out how to make working
multitouch touchpad!

I was thinking of sharing this solution with everyone who has had problems with Lenovo Synaptic touchpad…

Have had this laptop for about a year, and now there has been a little extra time to start digging solutions to find a functional trackpad ’hack’.
Since there is no support voodooI2C for Synaptic touchpad you have to go to Lenovos BIOS InsydeH20 Setup Utility. To change values at PCH-IO Configuration>Seriallo Configuration>Advanced>Serial IO I2C0 Settings>Connected device (default is Disabled) change it to Custom device> Interrupt mode=GPI0 Interrupt and the rest af the values as it is.

Of course you have to patch your DSDT GPI0 Controller Enable [SKL+] to make it work!!

Doesn't need any GPI0 Pinning!

This solution is also working with Lenovo Yoga 710, since it was my previous laptop..

I used a previous solution before with USB emulated voodooi2c.kext without working multitoch finger trackpad.

At this moment its working with macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208) and (17G2307) BUILD. Haven’t tried with another builds!

even though I knew that updating to SMBios 15,1 was of no use, but I decided to try anyway since my laptop is Kaby Lake ’update’ I7-8550U. But I see no reason why it would not work with previous versions etc 14,1 anyway?

So now got 99% working laptop without sdcard reader support, but that is a small problem because I do not need it though.

question: If I understood correctly there is no support yet for two finger zoom?

THANKS a lot of great forum!

Attachments

• MacBookPro 15,1.ioreg
    5 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3085.jpg
    IMG_3085.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_3031.jpg
    IMG_3031.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 241
  • IMG_3030.jpg
    IMG_3030.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_3029.jpg
    IMG_3029.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG_3028.jpg
    IMG_3028.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_3027.jpg
    IMG_3027.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3026.jpg
    IMG_3026.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3025.jpg
    IMG_3025.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Motherboard
CFL_Freed (Acer Laptop)
CPU
i5-8300H
Graphics
UHD 630 / 1050Ti 1920x1080 resolution
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have a laptop with ELAN 0504 touchpad, BIOS device ID is "TPAD"

Acer Nitro 515-52
Intel Core i5-8300H
High Sierra 10.13.6(17G2208)

In DSDT, I have added the controller patch, Windows 10 patch and as the device was well-root-pinned, I have made the changes accordingly.

The VoodooI2c kext gets loaded but the system logs shows error that the GPIO controller was not found.
Attaching the required troubleshooting files.

Attachments

• VoodooI2C.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 69
Motherboard
ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
question: If I understood correctly there is no support yet for two finger zoom?
Support for zoom will only arrive when the work on the native branch is complete (Or if a user will add it by himself and submit a PR that enables this functionality).