Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Vega56
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
What instruction? I followed this instruction exactly - https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/Laptops/trackpad-methods/manual.html after it not working, I start experimenting with additional variables. But pure version of this guide not working also.

I just did test with IOReg and XOSI and rename method. Result is, that with both methods, GPI0 seems to work same:

View attachment 475239

View attachment 475240

CPD0 (my touchpad device) looks different.
View attachment 475241

View attachment 475242

How did you make the I2C works? I have a hp zbook studio G5 and the I'm trying to make it works. I checked your website and seems you have removed GPIO and I2C patches.

Please share with us. Thank you!

Motherboard
HP EliteBook 850 G5
CPU
i5-8350U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Vega56
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Motherboard
HP EliteBook 850 G5
CPU
i5-8350U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I read not careful enough. I thought you have successfully made the touchpad works.

I used same patch you mentioned and touchpad shown up as you shared. HID engine started but touchpad not function at all.

Thanks for your reply.
My touchpad works like a charm with XOSI SSDT.
It doesn't work with the other method, that I tried, so I go back to XOSI method.
BTW. this method usually need few restart to start working.

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Vega56
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My touchpad works like a charm with XOSI SSDT.
It doesn't work with the other method, that I tried, so I go back to XOSI method.
BTW. this method usually need few restart to start working.

I saw your repo you have voodooinput.kext under kext section. I could have the trackpad working only when voodooinput.kext installed.

Do you mind share your IO reg after success? Is you trackpad shown under settings?

Motherboard
Asus
CPU
i5-8250u
Graphics
uhd 620 mx150
Hi guys,

I cannot make my touchpad works.

My laptop is Asus adol13un,i5-8250u(kaby lake r) and my touchpad is ELAN1204.According the guide,my hexadecimal APIC pin is 0x6d and hexadecimal GPIO pin is 0x55.I put 0x55 to //Pin list in the ETPD Device.But the touchpad is not working.In the boot logging it said pin 85 cannot be used as IRQ.This problem has stuck me over half year.I used VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CELAN from 2.3 to 2.4.4.The macos version from Catalina to Big Sur.I had read almost all of this post and tried all solutions in this post but nothing happened.This is my OpenCore folder.

Attachments

• oc.zip
    32.6 MB · Views: 247

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guys. I need some help. I'm at my wits' end. I just can't get the trackpad on my new laptop working right. Everything else seems to be running great. Just the trackpad is detected as a PS/2 mouse... So it kinda works...

Thanks in advance.

Laptop specs:
Dell Vostro 3480
i5-8265u
32GB RAM
UHD 620
1920x1080 14" display
Natively supported Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card installed
Elan trackpad

Battery status working.

Backlight working.
IGPU acceleration working.
Audio working.
Sleep/Wake working.
Wi-Fi working.
Bluetooth working.
PS/2 Keyboard working.
SD card reader working.

Problem reporting files attached.
I2C Kernel logs attached.
Clover EFI attached.
OpenCore EFI attached.

Attachments

• debug_20389.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • I2C Common Errors (Kernel logs).zip
    64.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Clover EFI.zip
    25 MB · Views: 25
  • OpenCore EFI.zip
    9.4 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus
CPU
i5-8250u
Graphics
uhd 620 mx150
Hi guys,

I cannot make my touchpad works.

My laptop is Asus adol13un,i5-8250u(kaby lake r) and my touchpad is ELAN1204.According the guide,my hexadecimal APIC pin is 0x6d and hexadecimal GPIO pin is 0x55.I put 0x55 to //Pin list in the ETPD Device.But the touchpad is not working.In the boot logging it said pin 85 cannot be used as IRQ.This problem has stuck me over half year.I used VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CELAN from 2.3 to 2.4.4.The macos version from Catalina to Big Sur.I had read almost all of this post and tried all solutions in this post but nothing happened.This is my OpenCore folder.
I solute this problem used pin 0x51 and voodooi2chid and gestures are normally.

Motherboard
ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guys. I need some help. I'm at my wits' end. I just can't get the trackpad on my new laptop working right. Everything else seems to be running great. Just the trackpad is detected as a PS/2 mouse... So it kinda works...

Thanks in advance.

Laptop specs:
Dell Vostro 3480
i5-8265u
32GB RAM
UHD 620
1920x1080 14" display
Natively supported Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card installed
Elan trackpad

Battery status working.

Backlight working.
IGPU acceleration working.
Audio working.
Sleep/Wake working.
Wi-Fi working.
Bluetooth working.
PS/2 Keyboard working.
SD card reader working.

Problem reporting files attached.
I2C Kernel logs attached.
Clover EFI attached.
OpenCore EFI attached.
First you can see in IOReg that your SMBIOS is MacBookPro1. Seems like a major (yet easy) issue you need to resolve.

Assuming you're using OpenCore:
Remove VoodooPS2Mouse from the injected kexts in your config.plist.
Remove VoodooI2CELAN from your config.plist - Seems like you won't need it.
Also remove the actual unnecessary satellites from your OC kexts folder. Only keep VoodooI2C & VoodooI2CHID as a start.

You need a valid OS patch (2015+) to make your trackpad work in I2C mode.
Notice OpenCore does ACPI patching regardless of the running OS. Make sure your OS emulation (i.e. XOSI) is only enabled when running macOS. You may call original _OSI within XOSI, and return the real value when it's not Darwin.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First you can see in IOReg that your SMBIOS is MacBookPro1. Seems like a major (yet easy) issue you need to resolve.

Assuming you're using OpenCore:
Remove VoodooPS2Mouse from the injected kexts in your config.plist.
Remove VoodooI2CELAN from your config.plist - Seems like you won't need it.
Also remove the actual unnecessary satellites from your OC kexts folder. Only keep VoodooI2C & VoodooI2CHID as a start.

You need a valid OS patch (2015+) to make your trackpad work in I2C mode.
Notice OpenCore does ACPI patching regardless of the running OS. Make sure your OS emulation (i.e. XOSI) is only enabled when running macOS. You may call original _OSI within XOSI, and return the real value when it's not Darwin.

I don't know why it's showing MacBookPro1. I don't know where the error is. config.plist looks like the following:
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 5.20.52 PM.png

I've tried with VoodooPS2Mouse and VoodooPS2Trackpad disabled in config.plist. It doesn't help. I just leaves the trackpad completely unresponsive. With VoodooPS2Mouse enabled, at least I get basic pointer control, left click, and tap to drag.

I currently have VoodooI2CELAN disabled but have it there because my trackpad is an Elan trackpad (I opened up the laptop and looked at the trackpad to confirm).

I need VoodooPS2Controller and VoodooPS2Keyboard to have the keyboard working.

SSDT-XOSI is enabled. But I'm not even concerned with other OSes right now. I just want trackpad working correctly in macOS. I can worry about other OSes later.
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 5.27.10 PM.png