Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys. I need some help. I'm at my wits' end. I just can't get the trackpad on my new laptop working right. Everything else seems to be running great. Just the trackpad is detected as a PS/2 mouse... So it kinda works...

Thanks in advance.

Laptop specs:
Dell Vostro 3480
i5-8265u
32GB RAM
UHD 620
1920x1080 14" display
Natively supported Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card installed
Elan trackpad

Battery status working.

Backlight working.
IGPU acceleration working.
Audio working.
Sleep/Wake working.
Wi-Fi working.
Bluetooth working.
PS/2 Keyboard working.
SD card reader working.

Problem reporting files attached.
I2C Kernel logs attached.
Clover EFI attached.
OpenCore EFI attached.
First you can see in IOReg that your SMBIOS is MacBookPro1. Seems like a major (yet easy) issue you need to resolve.

Assuming you're using OpenCore:
Remove VoodooPS2Mouse from the injected kexts in your config.plist.
Remove VoodooI2CELAN from your config.plist - Seems like you won't need it.
Also remove the actual unnecessary satellites from your OC kexts folder. Only keep VoodooI2C & VoodooI2CHID as a start.

You need a valid OS patch (2015+) to make your trackpad work in I2C mode.
Notice OpenCore does ACPI patching regardless of the running OS. Make sure your OS emulation (i.e. XOSI) is only enabled when running macOS. You may call original _OSI within XOSI, and return the real value when it's not Darwin.

First you can see in IOReg that your SMBIOS is MacBookPro1. Seems like a major (yet easy) issue you need to resolve.

Assuming you're using OpenCore:
Remove VoodooPS2Mouse from the injected kexts in your config.plist.
Remove VoodooI2CELAN from your config.plist - Seems like you won't need it.
Also remove the actual unnecessary satellites from your OC kexts folder. Only keep VoodooI2C & VoodooI2CHID as a start.

You need a valid OS patch (2015+) to make your trackpad work in I2C mode.
Notice OpenCore does ACPI patching regardless of the running OS. Make sure your OS emulation (i.e. XOSI) is only enabled when running macOS. You may call original _OSI within XOSI, and return the real value when it's not Darwin.

I don't know why it's showing MacBookPro1. I don't know where the error is. config.plist looks like the following:
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 5.20.52 PM.png

I've tried with VoodooPS2Mouse and VoodooPS2Trackpad disabled in config.plist. It doesn't help. I just leaves the trackpad completely unresponsive. With VoodooPS2Mouse enabled, at least I get basic pointer control, left click, and tap to drag.

I currently have VoodooI2CELAN disabled but have it there because my trackpad is an Elan trackpad (I opened up the laptop and looked at the trackpad to confirm).

I need VoodooPS2Controller and VoodooPS2Keyboard to have the keyboard working.

SSDT-XOSI is enabled. But I'm not even concerned with other OSes right now. I just want trackpad working correctly in macOS. I can worry about other OSes later.
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 5.27.10 PM.png

I don't know why it's showing MacBookPro1. I don't know where the error is. config.plist looks like the following:
View attachment 486902

I've tried with VoodooPS2Mouse and VoodooPS2Trackpad disabled in config.plist. It doesn't help. I just leaves the trackpad completely unresponsive. With VoodooPS2Mouse enabled, at least I get basic pointer control, left click, and tap to drag.

I currently have VoodooI2CELAN disabled but have it there because my trackpad is an Elan trackpad (I opened up the laptop and looked at the trackpad to confirm).

SSDT-XOSI is enabled. But I'm not even concerned with other OSes right now. I just want trackpad working correctly in macOS. I can worry about other OSes later.
View attachment 486905
using a Dell, in clover, you would normally enable DellSMBIOSPatch

in OpenCore you would enable:
CustomSMBIOSGuid

View attachment 486902

View attachment 486905
Looking at your patchmatic extraction, it seems like there's a duplicate XOSI SSDT, and the _OSI -> XOSI rename was not applied.
Were you booting with the attached OC when collecting the troubleshooting archive?

Please attach a fresh troubleshooting archive + OC folder, anyway :)

Looking at your patchmatic extraction, it seems like there's a duplicate XOSI SSDT, and the _OSI -> XOSI rename was not applied.
Were you booting with the attached OC when collecting the troubleshooting archive?

you have been missed! :)

Hi. Thanks for looking. Please find attached all the files according to my current OpenCore settings. If you think using Clover would help or be easier, I can easily switch.

Attachments

• OpenCore EFI.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 84
  • debug_24724.zip
    260.4 KB · Views: 58
  • I2C Common Errors (Kernel Log).zip
    75.5 KB · Views: 79
  • MacBook Pro.ioreg
    5.7 MB · Views: 72
Hi. Thanks for looking. Please find attached all the files according to my current OpenCore settings. If you think using Clover would help or be easier, I can easily switch.
I'd stick with OpenCore :)

Rename your SSDT-AWAC to something more general, like SSDT-INI and add this line inside (After setting STAS, within the OS conditional code):
C-like:
USTP = One

This should expose I2C bus configuration values VoodooI2C can use.

Once this works, you should have your trackpad working in polling mode. I believe setting TPDM to Zero in the same way should enable GPIO interrupts.
Check if you really need SSDT-GPIO - Your GPIO controller might be enabled natively anyway. See if VoodooGPIO is loaded under GPI0 in IOReg without that SSDT ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back