Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ben9923

I found a compiled version with the latest commit, and I've left my laptop on for 2 days without crashing.

Hi Guys,

I have a coffeee lake CPU (i9 9750). The trackpad is ELAN0504. Im not sure which kext to install ?

My keyboard is working after installing VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

Is there any support for coffee lake ?

What other kext do i need to install :
- VoodooI2C.kext
- VoodooI2CHID.kext

Hi! I have a razer blade stealth 2019 and have voodooI2c and VoodooI2CHID installed. Both are working great I have all gestures and have not problems scrolling or clicking.

My issue is on palm rejection when I have the "tap to click" feature on. I think my palm registers a click so as I'm typing my I start typing wherever my cursor last was. Right now I have resorted to turning "tap to click" off but I would like to get palm rejection working so I can get access to the click and drag function.

Sorry, done. Attached problem report files. Seems like the driver simply doesnt hook up to i2c.

Edit: Okay here is a whole dump of my information. Problem files attached; ioreg, hackintool and windows information coming in a sec.
You have a _OSI -> XOSI rename, but no SSDT-XOSI.

Hi Guys,

I have a coffeee lake CPU (i9 9750). The trackpad is ELAN0504. Im not sure which kext to install ?

My keyboard is working after installing VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

Is there any support for coffee lake ?

What other kext do i need to install :
- VoodooI2C.kext
- VoodooI2CHID.kext
VoodooI2C & VoodooI2CHID.
Attach a troubleshooting archive if you have issues.

Awesome, thanks to all of you devs for all the effort. Will test and report back in a little bit.

I don't know but my trackpad works normally but I don't know if I can enable gesture...

Attachments

• debug_23918.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 52
Just updated to VoodooI2C V2.3 and all is good.
Disabled the two Apple I2C kexts patches in config.plist and everything is still working.

All 3rd party input kexts seem to be playing nice with each other :-

VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID (for Touchscreen and Active Pen)
VoodooPS2Controller + VoodooInput (for PS2 Keyboard and Synaptics Touch pad)

Not sure if its placebo but touch screen and pen do seem more responsive and its great that they play nice with the Apple IC2 kexts allowing for less patches and a more native install.

Great work guys ...

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Hi, I have an Acer C720 which I am installing Mojave on. I am trying to get my trackpad to work with the multi-touch gestures recognized by MacOS. I see in IORegistryExplorer that it has ACPI device ID of CYAP0000. I compiled version 2.3 of VoodooI2C project in Xcode and generated the VoodooI2C.kext which I loaded via kextload, but this didn't activate the touchpad. I believe I need to generate VoodooCyapaGen3Device.kext but don't know how to do that. Any suggestions?

Update to V2.3 from V2.2 - works flawlessly (gestures, GPIO pinning) with my Sunrise Point-LP controller.
Thanks for your work and your support here !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back