Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ben9923 I came across a problem with the trackpad driver, the brand of the trackpad is Synaptics.

I tried to modify it according to the previous post, only partially work.

Two situations were encountered during the debugging process, and they were packaged separately in the submitted file (including IOReg, DSDT, if you need any other files, please let me know, I will upload it in time).

1. Use the polling method to drive the touchpad (this is the only case where the touchpad is available), mouse moves but when I lift my finger off the pad the mouse keeps moving, and the trackpad is seen as a mouse in system preferences

2. Referring to the post, I tried GPIO Pinning according to your suggestions to others. The result is that the boot time becomes very long (about 5 minutes), prompting “busy timeout[0], (60s): 'TPD0' ". Unfortunately, mouse do not moves.

The files uploaded at the same time include DSDT files that have not been patched and files that have been patched.
Do not remove SBFI or anything related to it. It's wrong to remove.
Your _CRS patch is correct, but other references to SBFI should stay there.
After you revert that, assuming boot still hangs, try changing this:
C-like:
If (LEqual (SDM0, Zero))
{
    SHPO (GPDI, One)
}
To this:
C-like:
SHPO (GPDI, One)
Within TPD0._INI.

Alternatively, you can eliminate _CRS patch & that _INI patch, and put this line at the top of _INI:
C-like:
Store (Zero, SDM0)
You will need an OS patch. It is an important patch anyway... Either via static patching, or via SSDT-XOSI + _OSI -> XOSI rename.

UX330CA elan 1200 everything by the book. It's not working. ACPI 6D, GPI0 0x0055.
Help please :( don't know what to do. HELP!!!
Please avoid posting multiple replies to the thread. You can edit posts :)

You should not patch ETPD._STA, revert.
Your _DSM -> ZDSM rename is non-standard. Use _DSM -> XDSM instead.

[/QUOTE]
Thanks. "ETPD._STA, return."- you must return If ...? Prompt where to change "instead use _dsm -> XDSM". Sorry for my Google English.

Please avoid posting multiple replies to the thread. You can edit posts :)

Thanks. "ETPD._STA, return."- you must return If ...? Prompt where to change "instead use _dsm -> XDSM". Sorry for my Google English.

I don't understand.
You should revert the _STA patch, keep it native.
Your _DSM methods are renamed to ZDSM, rename to XDSM instead.

I don't understand.
You should revert the _STA patch, keep it native.
Your _DSM methods are renamed to ZDSM, rename to XDSM instead.
Thanks. Removed ZDSM, put XDSM and it started working !!! Return to _STA what I deleted?

Thanks. Removed ZDSM, put XDSM and it started working !!! Return to _STA what I deleted?
Yes, you should have the original content there :)

Do not remove SBFI or anything related to it. It's wrong to remove.
Your _CRS patch is correct, but other references to SBFI should stay there.
After you revert that, assuming boot still hangs, try changing this:
C-like:
If (LEqual (SDM0, Zero))
{
    SHPO (GPDI, One)
}
To this:
C-like:
SHPO (GPDI, One)
Within TPD0._INI.

Alternatively, you can eliminate _CRS patch & that _INI patch, and put this line at the top of _INI:
C-like:
Store (Zero, SDM0)
You will need an OS patch. It is an important patch anyway... Either via static patching, or via SSDT-XOSI + _OSI -> XOSI rename.

I tried to modify it according to your instructions. The good news is that the touchpad has been displayed in the system settings. The bad news is that the touchpad still does not work and the boot still hangs. I am not quite sure if I am correcting it. Please help me to see it, thank you.

Attachments

• Files.zip
    3 MB · Views: 61
Posting here and in a dedicated thread

On the Surface Laptop 2 I am unable to get the keyboard to function. Multitouch gestures works fine. Very well, in fact. But the keyboard is totally unresponsive. (works in windows)

Can anyone offer some advice?
Thanks

Attachments

• Surface Laptop 2 PR Files.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back