Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone managed to get the trackpad on the Lenovo Ideapad 330 15IKB 81DE to work, I've got 2 versions of the laptop (1 ELAN and 1 Synaptics) both only partially work. mouse moves but when I lift my finger off the pad the mouse keeps moving, and the trackpad is seen as a mouse in system preferences
Please attach your troubleshooting archives for each machine :)
The 'cursor keeps moving' problem is probably happening because you did not patch for GPIO interrupts (Or APIC, tho it's usually not possible).

As for multitouch - dedicated satellites (non-HID), like ELAN and Synaptics, require you to use interrupts before you can use them.
Those satellites are needed for older trackpad models that don't conform to the precision trackpad protocol.

@ben9923 i will upload when i get home a bit later, what files are needed in the archive, want to just make sure that all required information is given.

@ben9923 i will upload when i get home a bit later, what files are needed in the archive, want to just make sure that all required information is given.
An archive generated with gen_debug.sh will include everything, and it's collected automatically.
Make sure you give Terminal accessibility access when prompted, so the script will be able to get a copy of IOReg.

Awesome thanks, here is the archive

Attachments

• debug_15086.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 65
Awesome thanks, here is the archive
IOReg is not attached. Either manually attach it, or give Terminal accessibility access to collect it for you.

You are using an extremely old version of VoodooI2C, apparently. Remove it and get the latest release.

sorry here it is

Attachments

• Simon’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    4.5 MB · Views: 50
just did and now my trackpad has stopped working entirely

just did and now my trackpad has stopped working entirely
You'll need to attach a new troubleshooting archive (incl. IOReg) :)

Please use quoted replies.

Attachments

• debug_29903.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back