Contribute
Register

VoodooHDA Jack Sense (auto switching) and HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I extracted the Vanilla AppleHDA still the same, the audio on speakers/headphones is working, mic still not..

I extracted the Vanilla AppleHDA still the same, the audio on speakers/headphones is working, mic still not..

Problem is likely in your patched AppleHDA XML...
Or, if you're actually using VoodooHDA, look into patching/configuration required for pinconfigs.

Problem is likely in your patched AppleHDA XML...
Or, if you're actually using VoodooHDA, look into patching/configuration required for pinconfigs.
Here are the logs:
Do you have an idea how can i try to fix it?

Attachments

• debug_8459.zip
    5 MB · Views: 245
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 11.52.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 11.52.00 PM.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 255
Here are the logs:
Do you have an idea how can i try to fix it?

Your audio setup is really messed up... you have VoodooHDA.kext, AppleALC.kext and DummyHDA.kext.
These three solutions are mutually exclusive.

Pick one audio method, remove others.

Note that this thread is specific to VoodooHDA, so your posts here are off-topic (current ioreg shows VoodooHDA is not winning the battle against the other methods you installed).

Your audio setup is really messed up... you have VoodooHDA.kext, AppleALC.kext and DummyHDA.kext.
These three solutions are mutually exclusive.

Pick one audio method, remove others.

Note that this thread is specific to VoodooHDA, so your posts here are off-topic (current ioreg shows VoodooHDA is not winning the battle against the other methods you installed).
I want the VoodooHDA method, i should delete AppleALC and DummyHDA(which was attached by the user how optimized it for the ASUS UX303-305 - fix for buggy volume slider?) Thanks

I want the VoodooHDA method, i should delete AppleALC and DummyHDA(which was attached by the user how optimized it for the ASUS UX303-305?) Thanks

DummyHDA.kext is if you were to use appropriate Clover KextsToPatch entries + DummyHDA.kext + required ACPI patches (to inject layout-id=3). It is a method of patching AppleHDA.kext without installing an actual patched AppleHDA. It is separate from VoodooHDA.kext. And AppleALC.kext is yet another method of patching AppleHDA.kext.

primer...

Two methods of audio implementation:
- VoodooHDA
- patched AppleHDA

Several methods of patching AppleHDA:
- cloverHDA
- AppleALC
- Mirone's AppleHDA patcher, DummyHDA
- Mirone's AppleHDA patcher, direct patched AppleHDA generation
- a few others... (which I won't get into)

All methods are mutually exclusive.

DummyHDA.kext is if you were to use appropriate Clover KextsToPatch entries + DummyHDA.kext + required ACPI patches (to inject layout-id=3). It is a method of patching AppleHDA.kext without installing an actual patched AppleHDA. It is separate from VoodooHDA.kext. And AppleALC.kext is yet another method of patching AppleHDA.kext.
I want the method that McShmoopy suggested in post #6. What should i delete/add based on my current audio setup to accomplish that?

I want the method that McShmoopy suggested in post #6. What should i delete/add based on my current audio setup to accomplish that?

As per post #6, read here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...udio-voodoohda-and-applehda-at-the-same-time/

But since it relies on editing Info.plist matching for VoodooHDA to allow AppleHDA to match against HDAU, and VoodooHDA against HDEF, it does not apply to your hardware. Your hardware has only HDEF, no separate HDAU (separate HDAU/HDEF only used on Haswell and Broadwell). Which means you cannot use a separate kext for onboard audio vs. HDMI/DP audio.

You need to pick one audio method... and you cannot mix AppleHDA with VoodooHDA.

As per post #6, read here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...udio-voodoohda-and-applehda-at-the-same-time/

But since it relies on editing Info.plist matching for VoodooHDA to allow AppleHDA to match against HDAU, and VoodooHDA against HDEF, it does not apply to your hardware. Your hardware has only HDEF, no separate HDAU (separate HDAU/HDEF only used on Haswell and Broadwell). Which means you cannot use a separate kext for onboard audio vs. HDMI/DP audio.

You need to pick one audio method... and you cannot mix AppleHDA with VoodooHDA.
Which one should i try first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back