Contribute
Register

VoodooHDA Issue using NVidia HDMI not AudioPorts (Fixed!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Custom Build
CPU
Intel Core i5 750 (1st Gen)
Graphics
XFX 6870 1GB Black Edition
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys I have tried using VoodooHDA's newest release and various others ones as well but the issue I keep running into is that it will select my Nvidia HDMI port as the sound card not my actual sound card. I was curious how to resolve this.

I have read that you can input your specific deviceID into the info.plist but I am not sure in which fields, also I am unsure how to determine my device id.

The two audio components are...

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak High Definition Audio [8086:3b56] (rev 05)
01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:0be9] (rev a1)

And it is currently defaulting to the nVidia one, would my device id for the Intel one be "0x3b568086", or something else?

I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer this is one of two issues Im currently working on fixing. Thanks!

---------

So got this to work by following http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=220707

Downloaded the attached .kext and added my ID which was detailed in the post, and boom, working! Apparently you have to use Slice's VoodooHDA or one from ProjectOSX since the one on google code is a different branch and they dont have the SkipDevice within the source so the compiled kext wont accept the key for SkipDevice.

Thanks for your post.

How did you find your device id? Is there some command or tool I can run to find out?

I want to try your solution on a couple Gigabyte boards (GA-EP45-DS3L and GA-P55A-UD3). Both use ALC 888 for sound. I've got a GTX 460 installed on my EP45 (and waiting to install my second GTX 460 on my P55A). I get headphone audio working but not HDMI audio yet (using rolled back 10.6.2 AppleHDA with LegacyHDA/HDAEnabler).

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back