Motherboard
HP Pavilion 15-ck003nl
CPU
Intel Core i7 8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620 + nVidia GeForce 940MX
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After failed attempts to use a patched AppleHDA to get my build working (in particular, to get the speaker working - headphones were fine), I wanted to go with VoodooHDA. I removed all the patched files and reverted to stock AppleHDA configuration (no layout-id injection in ACPI) and installed VoodooHDA. Now I have terrible audio crackles. I use my laptop for audio tasks, so that is definitely a concern. Nothing I've tried worked. Attached is dump from gen_debug.

Attachments

• debug_4495.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 158

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After failed attempts to use a patched AppleHDA to get my build working (in particular, to get the speaker working - headphones were fine), I wanted to go with VoodooHDA. I removed all the patched files and reverted to stock AppleHDA configuration (no layout-id injection in ACPI) and installed VoodooHDA. Now I have terrible audio crackles. I use my laptop for audio tasks, so that is definitely a concern. Nothing I've tried worked. Attached is dump from gen_debug.

See FAQ regarding patched AppleHDA:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Motherboard
HP Pavilion 15-ck003nl
CPU
Intel Core i7 8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620 + nVidia GeForce 940MX
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have already done that and opened another thread about patching AppleHDA, which doesn't work good on my system and I am unable to make it work (speaker not working, tried AppleHDA Patcher and manual patching as well without results), thus I would like to move to VoodooHDA. Also unable to find any reference about how to fix VoodooHDA crackles on the thread you've linked.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have already done that and opened another thread about patching AppleHDA, which doesn't work good on my system and I am unable to make it work (speaker not working, tried AppleHDA Patcher and manual patching as well without results), thus I would like to move to VoodooHDA. Also unable to find any reference about how to fix VoodooHDA crackles on the thread you've linked.

I don't use VoodooHDA.
You might use google to find further info.

Status
Not open for further replies.