Contribute
Register

Volumes are mounted

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Thisisanon,
The mods here are unresponsive unless you give them LOTS of information. At a minimum, you need to post your hardware, the version of Mac OS X you are trying to install, at what step of your install procedure you are seeing "Volumes are mounted," and what procedure you used to create Unibeast. And even then, good luck. Apparently they also want your record from Console/install log as mentioned in the thread you read. I try to comply, but trying to find the "beginning" and "end" of the install log text requested is for me like looking for a needle in a .... you know.

From one post below:

"OK I've found the solution on other thread - go to finder, then use 'go to', then enter /Volumes, then rename OS X Base System (with red - before it) to something else eg. Other Os X Base system. Reformat usb, try to run unibeast 6.2 again. It worked for me. It was also solution for my other problem (cannot remove installation files) in unibeast v 6.1.1."

I've tried this and it didn't work, I am trying to install Sierra with Unibeast 7.1.1, any other suggestions?

I'm in the same boat as above. Unibeast 7.1.1 keeps giving me the "volumes are mounted" message. I make sure there's no OS X drive shown in Disk Utility, no "Install XXXXXXx" in /Application, re-download Sierra and Unibeast, and re-format USB drive plus restart time after time.

SOLVED: found the OS X Base System folder hiding in /volumes (open Finder, click Go on the top menu, click Go To Folder and type "/volumes). Move that folder to trash and it's all good :clap:

Last edited:
upload_2017-5-10_18-36-45.png

ümount OS X Install ESD will fix it.It's because when you download the installer ,it will star itself.Hope can help you.

@Thisisanon,
"OK I've found the solution on other thread - go to finder, then use 'go to', then enter /Volumes, then rename OS X Base System (with red - before it) to something else eg. Other Os X Base system. Reformat usb, try to run unibeast 6.2 again. It worked for me. It was also solution for my other problem (cannot remove installation files) in unibeast v 6.1.1."

omg life-saver. I've been struggling for two hours with partitioning, re-partitioning, formatting, reformatting, rebooting... removing the bad link in /Volumes got me past the volumes are mounted error. Good grief

Go into spotlight on your Mac and search disk utility. Open it and then look for a disk named after OS X Base system or something like that. It might not be named that but just eject the disk that you know is not usually on your system. Hover over it and click eject then try again with unibeast and it should work :)
Thankyou from 2017.

@Thisisanon,

THIS. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back