Gigabyte G1 GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i have been trying to make an install of el capitan, i have successfully been able to do it before but halted because of sound issues. now with the new install I have redownloaded and still tells me that "Make sure neither 'OS X Install ESD' or 'OS X Base System' are mounted on your drive" ive looked on other threads but with no luck. any suggestions

Go into spotlight on your Mac and search disk utility. Open it and then look for a disk named after OS X Base system or something like that. It might not be named that but just eject the disk that you know is not usually on your system. Hover over it and click eject then try again with unibeast and it should work :)

Got the same problem. Nothing is mounted in disk utility, nothing in finder... tried diffedent USB, redownloaded El Cap installation image and still problem exists.

Just tried do the USB via Unibeast 6.1 and it worked, but got other kind of problems (cannot remove installation files...)

---

OK I've found the solution on other thread - go to finder, then use 'go to', then enter /Volumes, then rename OS X Base System (with red - before it) to something else eg. Other Os X Base system. Reformat usb, try to run unibeast 6.2 again. It worked for me. It was also solution for my other problem (cannot remove installation files) in unibeast v 6.1.1

Last edited:
Got the same problem. Nothing is mounted in disk utility, nothing in finder... tried diffedent USB, redownloaded El Cap installation image and still problem exists.

Just tried do the USB via Unibeast 6.1 and it worked, but got other kind of problems (cannot remove installation files...)

---

OK I've found the solution on other thread - go to finder, then use 'go to', then enter /Volumes, then rename OS X Base System (with red - before it) to something else eg. Other Os X Base system. Reformat usb, try to run unibeast 6.2 again. It worked for me. It was also solution for my other problem (cannot remove installation files) in unibeast v 6.1.1

that did work! thanks you!

"OK I've found the solution on other thread - go to finder, then use 'go to', then enter /Volumes, then rename OS X Base System (with red - before it) to something else eg. Other Os X Base system. Reformat usb, try to run unibeast 6.2 again. It worked for me. It was also solution for my other problem (cannot remove installation files) in unibeast v 6.1.1"

This solved my problem. Thank you so much!

i face the same problem.
I can't make a bootable USB stick (16GB).
I did update latest El Capitan 10.11.4 and did download "Install OS X El Capitan.app", to have the latest version in the application folder.
Then erase and format the USB stick with Disk Utility, renamed it to "MyUSB" and start UniBeast 6.2.0
Select the MyUSB stick, El Capitan, UEFI Boot Mode (no injects for ATI or NVIDIA) and click "continue"
This result in the message "Volumes Are Mounted". I did all suggestions reported in this treat, but every time it results in the same error.
Also tried with UniBeast 6.1.1, which stops at "cannot remove installation files". MyUSB stick is then renamed to "OS X Base System" and in Disk Utility there is a disk image named "Apple UDIF read-only compressed (zlib) Media (OS X Install ESD)"
I did try a reinstall with the OSXupdcombo10.11.4 installer, which runs flawless and also with the Install OS X El Capitan.app (which is also the 10.11.4 version), but all without any result :(

I hope anyone has a solution.

Last edited:
I did see your reply and I did look to all the issues, but can't find any topic which should solve my problem :(

Then you should follow the instructions for problem reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back