Contribute
Register

Volumes Are Mounted unibeast 6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the same problem. Nothing is mounted in disk utility, nothing in finder... tried diffedent USB, redownloaded El Cap installation image and still problem exists.

Just tried do the USB via Unibeast 6.1 and it worked, but got other kind of problems (cannot remove installation files...)

---

OK I've found the solution on other thread - go to finder, then use 'go to', then enter /Volumes, then rename OS X Base System (with red - before it) to something else eg. Other Os X Base system. Reformat usb, try to run unibeast 6.2 again. It worked for me. It was also solution for my other problem (cannot remove installation files) in unibeast v 6.1.1
you are really right about it
but don't rename it
just delete the file by changing the permission rights and try making the usb drive

Got the same problem. Nothing is mounted in disk utility, nothing in finder... tried diffedent USB, redownloaded El Cap installation image and still problem exists.

Just tried do the USB via Unibeast 6.1 and it worked, but got other kind of problems (cannot remove installation files...)

---

OK I've found the solution on other thread - go to finder, then use 'go to', then enter /Volumes, then rename OS X Base System (with red - before it) to something else eg. Other Os X Base system. Reformat usb, try to run unibeast 6.2 again. It worked for me. It was also solution for my other problem (cannot remove installation files) in unibeast v 6.1.1
THANK YOU!

So I found a solution. Go to finder like the other dude said, then click on "go", then click on "go to folder" then type in "/volumes". Then eject the one that has to do with "OS X". If you click on the main thing, it should say something regarding OS X Extended. Eject that one. Then it should work.

Go into spotlight on your Mac and search disk utility. Open it and then look for a disk named after OS X Base system or something like that. It might not be named that but just eject the disk that you know is not usually on your system. Hover over it and click eject then try again with unibeast and it should work :)
it works for me, thanks!

Just wanted to thank you. This worked for me. Though slight different.

When I tried this it told me a file was in used and asked if I wanted to Force Eject, which I chose. It asked me to confirm my choice, and once selected I was able to move forward and complete the UniBeast USB.

So I found a solution. Go to finder like the other dude said, then click on "go", then click on "go to folder" then type in "/volumes". Then eject the one that has to do with "OS X". If you click on the main thing, it should say something regarding OS X Extended. Eject that one. Then it should work.

This worked for me. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back