Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with volume slider. Volume indicator doesn't work when I use F8 and F9 keys.
I have a ProBook 4330s (version of BIOS is F.30). OS X is installed in version 10.8.2.

I cannot determine when the problem occurred, but I noticed the problem after update BIOS to the newest version and after update OS X from 10.8 to 10.8.2. Both updates I did in the same time.

I tried to reinstall os (without updates), downgrade BIOS, change chimera to older version (current is 1.11.1), reinstall sound kext, repair permissions, rebuild kernel cache but without any positive result.

A DSDT file was patched with MaciASL App - I tried different DSDT files (from f.29 and f.30 BIOS).

To install kext, patches etc. I use HP ProBook Installer (v.6).

I don't have any idea how to solve the problem.

In attachment, there is a zipped movie from my desktop showing the problem.

Help, please.

regards,
Kamil

PS Sorry for my english

Attachments

• volume_indicator.mov.zip
    56.5 MB · Views: 232
Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with volume slider. Volume indicator doesn't work when I use F8 and F9 keys.
I have a ProBook 4330s (version of BIOS is F.30). OS X is installed in version 10.8.2.

I cannot determine when the problem occurred, but I noticed the problem after update BIOS to the newest version and after update OS X from 10.8 to 10.8.2. Both updates I did in the same time.

I tried to reinstall os (without updates), downgrade BIOS, change chimera to older version (current is 1.11.1), reinstall sound kext, repair permissions, rebuild kernel cache but without any positive result.

A DSDT file was patched with MaciASL App - I tried different DSDT files (from f.29 and f.30 BIOS).

To install kext, patches etc. I use HP ProBook Installer (v.6).

I don't have any idea how to solve the problem.

In attachment, there is a zipped movie from my desktop showing the problem.

Help, please.

regards,
Kamil

PS Sorry for my english

This is normal. I don't think we know why, but the volume slider is kind of funky and certain things (like this) don't work correctly. And yet, you can operate the volume with both F7/F8/F9 keys and the slider works as well to modify the volume.

Just be happy... it is never going to be perfect.

I asked for help, because this problem has not appeared on my laptop.
Thanks for informations :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back