Contribute
Register

Void's G5 Mk. II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi sorry for the late answer. I used a jigsaw and filers to cut and correct the corners. I then used clear epoxy to glue the tempered glass. I also used a magnet to secure the window panel.

No worries on the late reply, cutting the window will probably be on the bottom of my list for this project. Two question about your cutting. I uploaded part of a G5 sidedoor.

1. Where I've highlighted red: is that the outline you used to cut with the jigsaw?

2. Where I've highlighted green: is that you placed the epoxy to glue the glass?

Attachments

• IMG_20160812_071849.jpg
    IMG_20160812_071849.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 207
1 is correct.
for question #2 what dave of laserhive did was different.
he still kept the border to put the epoxy. that was his instruction when i asked for help. but i removed that border you highlighted in green 'coz i used a magnet to secure the side panel.

Void! anything new with the build? I remember you talking about a new res but never heard from you. I was also wondering if you considered the new nvidia graphics cards that are out. I am considering purchasing 2 1070s and ek waterblocks. I also changed a lot on my build but to lazy and or busy to post. I will be honest I only want new cards to run the new version of skyrim coming out in october as i am into modding the bleep out of it.

Void! anything new with the build? I remember you talking about a new res but never heard from you. I was also wondering if you considered the new nvidia graphics cards that are out. I am considering purchasing 2 1070s and ek waterblocks. I also changed a lot on my build but to lazy and or busy to post. I will be honest I only want new cards to run the new version of skyrim coming out in october as i am into modding the bleep out of it.

hi rick! you can see the new reservoir on page 3.
regarding the new gpus from nvidia, I'm not thinking of changing my 980ti for now. maybe i will wait for another Ti.
2 1070s will be more than enough for your build. Honestly if i don't have the 980ti i will go for the new gpus too.

what I really want now is a 1440p 100+hz monitor like the PG279Q and the PG348Q. T_T

btw, I got a defective iMac 2009 from my boss... monitor still working so i might try to use it with my G5. will look great for sure considering it's a 1440p but only 60hz. i'll post some image maybe next week. also...i was thinking of modding it but maybe i'll just use it as monitor coz i don't know which parts i can fit into it. XD what monitor do you have now?

Ahhhh I see your res now lol sorry for missing it. I am currently running a 24" Apple Cinema Display. The resolution is 1920x1200. Its a weird resolution but noticeably better then 1080. I also plan on getting a 1440p monitor in the future. I only want 60hz tho because I don't play any shooters. I may go with a 4K monitor and run it at 1440p for future proof purpose. Modding the iMac would be interesting if you could figure it out. What a waste of a perfectly fine screen so might be worth a try. I'm looking at a Samsung or Asus anything with a 24" or higher with a silver besel.

woah! 1920x1200 is the resolution im using at work. with my Dell U2412M. i hope i can go back to 60hz coz if yes...i will sell my Asus VG278HE and use the iMac 2009 as monitor :D

did you get the 1070 sli?

Your build is why I joined this forum. Your mod is the cleanest cable management I have seen! Excellent, excellent job!

thank you so much for the words ^___^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back