Evga 980Ti Classified
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Void's G5 Mk. II (Project: S.H.I.E.L.D)

Hi again everyone... I have decided to post now some of the updates on what I am currently doing with my G5.

But... here is my very first mod... you can also check the build log here in tonymacx86.com
Void G5 Mark I.jpg

Void's G5 Mk. I

The day I sold my Rampage III Extreme and 3x8gb DDR3 Ram was the day I got the chance to re-Mod my G5. (no more excuses on not using skylake) XD

Here is the first few shots of what I did.

First, I removed the Plastidip Paint from my G5 Mk. I. It's like goo gone but I cannot remember the name of what I bought in Ace Hardware.
KG72lI2.jpgtYl40lY.jpg

looks like the same old G5 right? :)

Next that I did was the acrylic side panel that I am going to use for the ATX Orientation and removing the protection at the bottom to avoid scratches on the table/floor. (sorry i don't know what it's called)
then...put some steel epoxy and sanded it after drying... I did this coz I am really planning to do the ATX Orientation instead of the ATX Reverse/BTX Orientation.

Here's some images...
F2j2pAt.jpgz5uo35p.jpgj0wCiHo.jpgfuROrgn.jpgMW67Ci1.jpg1BXJCgR.jpg

During weekends I always put some time on modding. so here it is...
Cutting the bottom part of the G5 for a 360rad mount or 3x120mm fan setup.
First I tried doing the idea on Sketch Up...(the idea was still for the sliding when I rendered this)
mBUFa20.jpgW165LP9.jpg

Then I printed a template of the Hardware Labs 360 XFLOW Radiator to cut the bottom part of the case...
2fnarK1.jpgh2JqyEL.jpgoxv3yMT.jpg
rLueAVC.jpgXbuAm4K.jpgJQLhhj8.jpgWV8bQgA.jpgacX16gK.jpgllQHC3m.jpg
and something to drink after a first time cutting... XD
bXbAliD.jpg

Next will be the front 3x120mm fan bracket and the top part of the case for another 360rad mount or 3x120mm fan setup. :D

Here is the front fan bracket using an old pc part. I traced the fan mounts using my old 2x120mm fan mount bracket from Laser Hive. :D I manage to make a hole but not as clean as a laser cut.

Y9j4vzD.jpg04MCuPe.jpgJuIscsp.jpgCoEP3Lp.jpg838GXBK.jpg

After the front fan bracket... I managed to cut the top part of the G5 for another 3x120mm fan bracket or 360rad mount.
YtBt0IL.jpg

After an hour...
tKWvBmG.jpg

another hour and it's done :D
D1l8ysG.jpgYjUUgWc.jpgpwoNbAN.jpg

and testing out the front fan bracket...
1aTvOHY.jpgY7DQTua.jpg
2hMW1F5.jpgxJpAjdQ.jpg

I have seen someone modded the DVD Bay of the G5, put steel epoxy and sanded it then drill holes on it to look seamless... I just cannot remember who did it. XD thanks to that guy... (i will put his name once I saw it again. XD)

Here is what I did...
I used the gutted part of the case and traced the opening of the DVD Bay and used it to cover the Bay.
9RVlPXd.jpg6cwqytT.jpgJbZ2xue.jpgepr7Qg9.jpgNOzkGMs.jpgkD80wK5.jpg

I will drill the holes this weekend... hope I can make it right X_x

By the way... this is the Bending Jig that I planned to use once I go LCS.

I used Sketch Up for the idea then my colleague at work did the actual wood cutting for me. :D

bXeI69e.jpg5rGvK9Q.jpgKp3yhWz.jpgIkiZ7lD.jpg

I am planning to use Gun Metal Grey and Black as my color like I saw in another G5 mod also. thanks for the photo...i just edited this. XD
y2gLPQE.jpg
And the S.H.I.E.L.D Logo that I am planning to use instead of the Apple Logo.
dMCqX9a.jpgI5xCsa3.jpg

That is a great looking mod. I'm gonna follow it. I'm doing some things the same as you, but also different. Going to put a radiator in de top. But i'm not planning on cutting the top out but drilling (a lot) of 3mm holes, like the front and back. I'm planning to use an VIII Gene also.

Since the DVD Bay cover I did failed. I was lucky enough Laser Hive sent me some gutted perforated parts of a G5 along with the revised back plate and motherboard tray I ordered.

20151106_132420.jpg20151106_104818.jpg12212411_1043461479032204_1329707706_n.jpgJuvs450D-103-5356.jpg
not that perfect but it will not show since this is now in our joinery for the painting job. it will be black again like before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back