Contribute
Register

Void's G5 Mk. II - Project: G5-S.H.I.E.L.D

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a build that absolutely had to have a side window. No way you could hide that clean of an interior
behind a thick Aluminum side panel. Nice work. :thumbup: Thanks to this community, you can run OS X on your G5 mod. Could you imagine installing just Windows 10 on this machine ? :cool: Not me.

This should be the real Mac Pro 2016 built by Apple instead of the cylinder.

Apple's pricetag on that kind of build would be in 5 figures category. Custom water cooling is very
time consuming and expensive to do. This is not a build that any large PC or Mac building company
would take on for the masses.

Oh my! I want to get a room with that thing.

Oh my! I want to get a room with that thing.

Dito.

I am looking for easy ways to mod my old G5. But this is a big over budget and to advanced too... But now I have something to aim for. ;)

REALLY nice mod.

Awesome!!
its the computer version of building a custom hot rod in your garage.
You should be proud of yourself. This is pretty special.

I really appreciate that bro. Yeah it's really special for me. Can't even think of selling it. :D

Must have cost an arm and a leg...
Anyway, nice design!

Glad it didn't cost an arm or leg. but hurts my wallet many times. XD
thanks for liking.

This looks fantastic! I wish I had the patience to do one of these G5 mods.

yeah, i have saved enough patience for this build.

This is the most clean modded G5 I've ever seen! Well done.

thanks!! but i think there's a lot more clean mod posted here. that's where i got the inspiration. :D

This is a build that absolutely had to have a side window. No way you could hide that clean of an interior behind a thick Aluminum side panel. Nice work.

Thanks to this community, you can run OS X on your G5 mod. Could you imagine installing just Windows 10 on this machine ? Not me.

I'm happy that one of the moderators appreciate my work. Thank you so much...
At first I was only using a clear acrylic sheet as a side panel. But I said to myself...I need to make a window on the original side panel. And I did!
Coz acrylics can't replace the quality of the original G5 side panel.
I also want to thank the community that I will be able to run OS X on my G5 (just need to wait more for a very good way to run it on skylake).
I can't imagine using only Win 10 on my rig. :D

your comment was really flattering but if Apple will make a Liquid Cooled System again... TRS96 is right, price will surely hurt.
Power Mac and Mac Pro was made in USA right? you can see the quality. :D

Dito.

I am looking for easy ways to mod my old G5. But this is a big over budget and to advanced too... But now I have something to aim for.

REALLY nice mod.

I wasn't thinking of the budget when I decided to start with a G5 mod. I thought it will be done after 2 years. XD

Sorry for just posting now. I was really busy at work.

I really would like to thank everyone for appreciating my rig...
It's completed but... I will have another revisions...but only for the psu shroud, effects on the logo, and the LCS set up. and will be posting here some of the updates once I am done. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back