RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
One issue I encountered is that VMWare Fusion won't launch my virtual machines. It's saying:

"VMware Fusion does not support nested virtualization on this host.

Module 'MonitorMode' power on failed.
Failed to start the virtual machine"

One issue I encountered is that VMWare Fusion won't launch my virtual machines. It's saying:

To run VMware Fusion on Big Sur you may need the next version, which is currently available as a tech preview :

Per Jamesbond link:

With such big changes under the hood, there are of course some known issues that we’re working on, both with our code as well as filing issues with Apple directly.

• Nested VMs are not currently supported.

Parallels released a version today that is ready for Big Sur... Maybe you could try that.

VMware support was able to help resolve this issue. Using the tech preview, in the VM's settings > Processors & Memory, I needed to uncheck "Enable hypervisor applications in this virtual machine" under "Advanced options".

I try and create a windows VM and the instant I try to start it up it brings up an error "Failed to power on" with the path of the virtual machine. Pretty much the same thing happens in parallels so I'm wondering if its caused by a BIOS setting maybe?

I try and create a windows VM and the instant I try to start it up it brings up an error "Failed to power on" with the path of the virtual machine. Pretty much the same thing happens in parallels so I'm wondering if its caused by a BIOS setting maybe?

I had virtualisation turned off in BIOS, all fixed now :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back