Contribute
Register

VisionTek AMD Radeon RX560 4gb Low Profile "true single slot" Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any issues using multiple monitors with this card? 1 monitor works fine with no issues but as soon as I plug in a second/third monitor they all just start flickering/blinking black. Using miniDP to DP adapters and all screens using native DP input.

I was running an XFX RX580 before this with 3xDP out and it worked with no issues whatsoever (wanting to move to the RX560 so I can use a different case.

Using Big Sur 11.6

Has anyone had any issues using multiple monitors with this card? 1 monitor works fine with no issues but as soon as I plug in a second/third monitor they all just start flickering/blinking black. Using miniDP to DP adapters and all screens using native DP input.

I was running an XFX RX580 before this with 3xDP out and it worked with no issues whatsoever (wanting to move to the RX560 so I can use a different case.

Using Big Sur 11.6
The Mac RX 560 has the standard layout
DVI-D, HDMI, DP.
This card has all displayports. The framebuffer layout is different and this may be the problem.

I bought this card based on some information provided from trs96's Dell Optiplex 3020 guide. From the reports on this thread, this card should work out of the box in MacOS (with or without WEG/Lilu). However, I'm only able to boot into a black screen with this card. I am using the Mini-DP to DP adapter that came with the card and I'm only hooked up to one monitor. Booting to the installer also fails with a black screen. I am using Opencore 0.7.5 with the latest WEG and Lilu kexts injected.

It is probably good to mention that I followed TRS96's guide and had a fully functioning Hack which was updated to Big Sur 11.6.1 with the integrated iGPU (Intel 4790). However, when I got the card, I installed it, and then I followed the Dortania guide to remove the iGPU as the main display driver (04001204) and also removed the other framebuffer patches listed in the guide.

As a last resort, I reset my NVRam and re-entered the necessary NVRam variables for the 3020-MT variant (CFG, DVMT, etc) that Dell locks behind a limited BIOS.

I've attached my EFI below with serials removed. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 66
Disregard my previous post. I have this fixed! For some reason the framebuffer patches and the platform ig did not save properly in my EFI. I think my ProperTree session may have been bugged. I also reset the NVRam a second time just to be sure and then re-applied my setup_var configs and I am booted into MacOS Big Sur properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back