CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I recently have hackintoshed my HP Pavillion Power 15 and I have a question with the kexts.

I have seen than some people use FakeSMC and others VirtualSMC. If someone knows anything which one should I use, pleasw tell me.

Also which kexts do you recommend me yo use.

Thank you very much, and have an awesome day!

Personally i use VirtualSMC because it has a satellite kext that manage my battery without worring to hotpach my DSDT. I started my actual hackintosh with FakeSMC but and then switched to VirtualSMC and haven't see a different in terms of performance. But the battery kext is a big plus for me to VirtualSMC

Personally i use VirtualSMC because it has a satellite kext that manage my battery without worring to hotpach my DSDT. I started my actual hackintosh with FakeSMC but and then switched to VirtualSMC and haven't see a different in terms of performance. But the battery kext is a big plus for me to VirtualSMC
Woh, I am going to try that, because I was trying the DSDT with FakeSMC but I will try the VirtualSMC, for the battery. Can you tell me how you did it, the password I mean. Thank you

Woh, I am going to try that, because I was trying the DSDT with FakeSMC but I will try the VirtualSMC, for the battery. Can you tell me how you did it, the password I mean. Thank you
What do you mean with "the password" ?

What do you mean with "the password" ?
Oh no sorry the corrector. I installed VirtualSMC with all the sensor in the /S/L/E/ Folder but the Virtual SMC in Clover, and it is not working still. Do I have to patched the DSDT or not? I attached what I can see in the system information for power.

Thank you for your answer :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 05.57.40.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 05.57.40.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 613
Oh no sorry the corrector. I installed VirtualSMC with all the sensor in the /S/L/E/ Folder but the Virtual SMC in Clover, and it is not working still. Do I have to patched the DSDT or not? I attached what I can see in the system information for power.

Thank you for your answer :)
ALL your 3rd party kexts belong in /Library/Extensions including VirutalSMC

and keep essential in clover

you will find you have duplicate kexts in both places which is fine

Ok thank you, I will move it to /L/E and tell you :)
ALL your 3rd party kexts belong in /Library/Extensions including VirutalSMC

and keep essential in clover

you will find you have duplicate kexts in both places which is fine
Ok thank you, I will move it to /L/E/ and tell you :)

Ok thank you, I will move it to /L/E and tell you :)

Ok thank you, I will move it to /L/E/ and tell you :)
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

Ok thank you.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:
Ok thank you, but it doesn't work. I will upload my laptop and all that and if you want the EFI folder also. Everything works awesome except the brightness and the power.

Ok thank you.

Ok thank you, but it doesn't work. I will upload my laptop and all that and if you want the EFI folder also. Everything works awesome except the brightness and the power.
what doesn't work?

will need to see your problem reporting files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back