Contribute
Register

Videos/Audio will NOT play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

New hackintosh builder/owner here.

I have searched and searched but have not been able to find an exact fix for this problem that directly lines up with my specs.
I also believe I've tried everything I can find to fix this but have just been unlucky (ignorant) so far.

I'm having issues playing back videos on the web. Doesn't matter what website, facebook, youtube, etc. Happening with Chrome AND Safari.

I have a Gigabyte GTX 950.
I've set nvda_drv=1 to true in Clover Config.
I have the web drivers installed and have made sure they stay on after restart.
I've also set Inject NVidia to false.

Sometimes video playback will work when I first start the machine but then after a few minutes it just stops. I just get the first frame, or whatever frame I scrub to, but no playback.

Help!!

UPDATE: I've also discovered that I can't even get music to play in iTunes. It just stays on 00:00 and won't play.
Same happens in the Finder with Quickview. So this seems to be system wide.

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 12.06.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 12.07.02 AM.png

Last edited:
Update:

I uninstalled the Nvdia Web drivers. Restarted. Re-downloaded and reinstalled them.
Everything seemed to be working.... for two minutes...

Now the same thing is happening as before.

HELP!!!

Sorry to triple post in my own thread, just here trying things and updating this when appropriate...

I've noticed that the issue is present whether I run with the web drivers or the OS X default...
Same thing.. fine for two minutes then kaput!

bump... anyone help?

ive even tried a complete clean install and im still getting the same issue

Yeah mate it ended up being an audio driver issue. I'm away from home for the next few days so can't tell you exactly what drive I'm using now but I hope that points you in the right direction.

I'm having the same issues with Sierra on my build. Would you please share what kext you ended up using to fix the issue?

Yeah mate it ended up being an audio driver issue. I'm away from home for the next few days so can't tell you exactly what drive I'm using now but I hope that points you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back