Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys,

I need help with my Sapphire RX580 8GB. It works and I have it connected to a BenQ EW3270U (4k monitor through DP), but I noticed that the quality of my video is not exactly great; I just don't feel like it's up to spec with some fuzziness and everything just isn't as sharp as I expect it to be. It's hard to explain exactly what I see, but especially when there's transparency in windows for instance, I see what I would compare to colour compression artifacting in the gradients of the images showing through the transparency effects. It looks like a video with fading on Youtube but the compression makes it look like waves of pixels as opposed to a real gradient, if that makes any sense?

It screams graphic acceleration issues to me but I really am at a loss on how to diagnose this issue further. It's not unusable or anything, but I want to get it to work properly and get as much as I can out of it all.

As a comparative I did plug in a Retina MBP to the monitor to make sure it wasn't the issue and as expected, I did not see any of this with the MBP. I have Lilu and WEG in my 10.14 kext folder, and my (shameful) config is attached, but I more than likely am missing something important...

All this explained, I want to point out a few things: this is an old machine (built 2012) and I had the same config throughout with exactly 0 issues. This is one reason why I not only never had to optimize it, but I now also pretty much fell off the Hackintosh bandwagon: I am not exactly well versed in all the technical backend of this community as I was until now lucky with a plug and play machine with no issues.

I will need a lot of help to get back up to date... that said I also had incomprehensible and undiagnosed issues getting the RX580 to work on this machine. Even if it was effortless for everyone else, I had to do a LOT of troubleshooting and in the end, I have no clue how I got it to work! So I'm mortified of changing anything on it without getting some advice first since everything, iCloud and iMessage included, works. I'll be happy to fill in any info and I'm hungry to learn. It's just a bit daunting to start over and my searches have discouraged me a but. I know beggars can't be choosers but I have a 60-hour a week job and I just need a bit of guidance if anyone wants to help me off my training wheels
:)
I fully know I'm in a bad spot and quite frankly I'm ashamed of it. Help me make it better please.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 31
  • The issue.png
    The issue.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 39
  • About.png
    About.png
    437.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Hardware.png
    Hardware.png
    1 MB · Views: 42
Help me make it better please.

You don't need all of those Acpi fixes, they are probably doing a lot more harm than good.
Most Gigabyte boards do not need the npci=0x2000 bootflag.
kext-dev-mode=1 has no meaning in Mojave.
SMBIOS Trust should be enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back