CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
NEW HACKINTOSH BUILDER HERE! Hope you guys can help me see if this build will work as it's my first one.
Here's all the parts I have in my cart right now:

Drives:
Samsung Electronics 850 Pro (OS & Apps)
Samsung Electronics 840 EVO x 2 (Previews & Cache Files)
Western Digital 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB (Footage & Media)

Motherboard: Asus P9X79-E WS Intel LGA 2011 DDR3 2400

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K Hexa-Core Processor 3.2 Ghz 12 MB Cache LGA 2011

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 280L Radiator CPU Liquid Cooler

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1866

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX770 Classified 4GB GDDR5 256-Bit

Power Supply: Corsair RM Series 1000 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified

Fans: Corsair Air Series AF120 & AF140 LED Quiet Edition

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Performance Full Tower
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Follow up Questions:

1. Will this graphics card have CUDA support for accelerating After Effects & Premiere work AND be used for my displays (Probably will only use 2 monitors I own 1 currently)

2. Do I need anything else for this computer to work other than following the
multi beast/uni beast etc. instructions to get a working Hackintosh?

3. Also is 4GB or 2GB recommended for this build? I'm leaning for the 4GB just to be safe but I'd appreciate some input

4. If I wanted a 4th SSD to have an install of windows 7 or 8 as an option as well is that easy to do? You would just choose which drive to boot from during start up correct?
If you can lead me to someone or somewhere where this is discussed that would be amazing!
THIS COMMUNITY RULES THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!

Follow up Questions:

1. Will this graphics card have CUDA support for accelerating After Effects & Premiere work AND be used for my displays (Probably will only use 2 monitors I own 1 currently)

2. Do I need anything else for this computer to work other than following the
multi beast/uni beast etc. instructions to get a working Hackintosh?

3. Also is 4GB or 2GB recommended for this build? I'm leaning for the 4GB just to be safe but I'd appreciate some input

4. If I wanted a 4th SSD to have an install of windows 7 or 8 as an option as well is that easy to do? You would just choose which drive to boot from during start up correct?
If you can lead me to someone or somewhere where this is discussed that would be amazing!
THIS COMMUNITY RULES THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!

What you have there will work, but why not go with the X99 instead of the X79?
The 5930K if $10 less than the 3930K on Newegg.

1. CUDA will work after you download CUDA drivers and install them.
2. No, you have listed everything you need.
3. GPU RAM or system RAM? Due to low amount I assume GPU - either should work but not all 4Gb cards work with all RAM recognized/used - research is needed here for specific card.
4. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Thank you so much for the info!

You're suggestion to purchase an X99 mobo instead has sent me on a wild goose chase looking into X99 boards and their compatibility with Mac OS's. They look very untested but the X99 has a lot of improvements and overall just better stuff.

The auto-overclocking stuff and the Apps that come especially with the ASUS boards look incredible for someone like me who doesn't know much about over clocking a system to get all the best stuff out of it.

The DDR4 RAM looks a bit pricey and I can't get a straight answer concerning if 16GB of 2666 RAM will be better or at least equal to 32GB of 1866 in when were talking X79 vs X99.

I REALLY wana see a Hackintosh build with one of these boards work I'm so desperate for a crazy video editing computer that can handle intense amounts of color correction and some graphics work. I guess I'll have to wait for someone to try out these new boards and the new Haswell-E CPU's (The 6 core is only $400!?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back