Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm using an EVGA 012-P3-1472-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) SuperClocked 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HD graphics card on an asus p8p67 pro motherboard (with an i7-2600k running stock). I did a fresh install using iboot legacy, updated to 10.6.7 (normal, not sb), installed bridgehelper2, ran multibeast 3.4.0, installed macpro 3,1 definition, under boot options i chose 64-bit apple boot screen and pci root id fix for chameleon, the sandy bridge version of chameleon, appleintele1000e ethernet kext, alc892 enabler for my onboard sound, nullcpupowermanagement, jmicron 36xe and 36x sata kexts, ioahciblockstorageinjector, ran the system utils section and let it do it's thing, when it was done i installed the tonymac nvidia update and rebooted.

for whatever reason it boots just fine, my processor is detected properly, but i get unaccelerated video, and my ram isn't being detected properly (shows up as ddr2 800mhz instead of the 1600mhz ddr3 stuff that it is).

does anybody have any ideas about these issues?

Thanks!

I've been seeing some odd effects with similar config in P8P67 PRO and the EVGA GTX 460 (768 normal clock) myself. OpenGL shows as working but OS X UI seems a bit laggy. Drivers are installed (Using GraphicsEnabler = YES, NVidia Enabler seems to cause a hang on boot).

JoshNYC said:
I've been seeing some odd effects with similar config in P8P67 PRO and the EVGA GTX 460 (768 normal clock) myself. OpenGL shows as working but OS X UI seems a bit laggy. Drivers are installed (Using GraphicsEnabler = YES, NVidia Enabler seems to cause a hang on boot).

These are not at all the symptoms that I have experienced. I get the same result whether GraphicsEnabler is set to YES or NO. I don't receive any crashes or anything, it boots fine and fully to the desktop but it's stuck at a lower resolution (1280x800) than my display is capable of (1920x1200) and my secondary display is not being detected.

I remember that I had accelerated graphics working at one point using the tonymac nvidia update, but I honestly don't remember what other combination of software (chameleon, boot plist, smbios identity, etc.) that i was using at that point.

Any additional assistance that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated as now that I've got my system running the new 2011 mbp kernel and my cpu is properly detected I would very much like to use it for final cut work... alas, without appropriate render acceleration, resolution, or my secondary display, I'm quite disappointed at the moment.

Thanks!

I solved my issue... It turned out that I had to remove the PciRoot directive from the boot plist (leaving graphicsenabler set to yes). I'm currently using no kernel flags and everything works great!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-03-31 at 1.41.30 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-03-31 at 1.41.30 AM.png
    300.2 KB · Views: 115
Interesting. I didn't have much luck with setting the system def to Mac Pro (using MacBook Pro 8,3). I'll try it with removing the PCIRootUID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back