Contribute
Register

Video Guide - Snow Leopard on an ASUS P7P55D - [10.6.8]

Hi beelzebozo

Thanks for the great guide. It's worked like a treat...but there's just one thing i'm stuck on (which is a surprise as i feel quite out of my depth)

I have installed snow leopard 10.6 fine, installed the update with multibeast 3.8 but cannot get the sound working...

My sig should show i have the exact same motherboard as you - so i'm hoping you can help me out.

At first i started using Easy Beast, and clicking on voodooHDA 0.2.1 but that didn't work, then i updated by bios to 2003, downloaded the DSDT for the p7p55d pro and used that with userdsdt install. Again no dice...

I have been getting an error when i tick disk utilities in multibeast so have be using kext utility the same as you

Should i try the other Voodoo HDAs?

Also if i keep running multibeast again and again am i going to be creating loads of conflicts flies/kexts everywhere?

As i said i'm a little over my head so really need things spelling out to me...

Thanks in advance for any help

Duke

DukeRaoul said:
Hi beelzebozo

Thanks for the great guide. It's worked like a treat...but there's just one thing i'm stuck on (which is a surprise as i feel quite out of my depth)

I have installed snow leopard 10.6 fine, installed the update with multibeast 3.8 but cannot get the sound working...

My sig should show i have the exact same motherboard as you - so i'm hoping you can help me out.

At first i started using Easy Beast, and clicking on voodooHDA 0.2.1 but that didn't work, then i updated by bios to 2003, downloaded the DSDT for the p7p55d pro and used that with userdsdt install. Again no dice...

I have been getting an error when i tick disk utilities in multibeast so have be using kext utility the same as you

Should i try the other Voodoo HDAs?

Also if i keep running multibeast again and again am i going to be creating loads of conflicts flies/kexts everywhere?

As i said i'm a little over my head so really need things spelling out to me...

Thanks in advance for any help

Duke

You probably need to do the power chord trick which will unlock the audio chipset. Search the forum for that.

fazoleJH said:
Can I follow this guide to upgrade from 10.6.5 to 10.6.8?

I have P7P55D-E with GeForce 9500GT.

What I have to do to upgrade? Run combo 10.6.8 and restart? Or use new iBoot with command to restart first (like in video) and then upgrade? Im a little confused... :)

You will only need to run the combo update, run the NVIDIA Quadro driver update, and then restart.

iwcham1979 said:
Well, i noticed it works well without it. :) I was only hoping to solve the problem of not booting to OS for no particular reason and then on reset booting without any issues. Have you had such boot problems. I only experience this when system the comp is off for some time. If you dont, perhaps i am looking in the wrong direction and need to set up my 6870 better :) Tnx a lot for your help.

I think it's just the way ASUS writes ASL for their motherboards. I've had the bios reset completely before if I unplugged the power chord (you'd think the battery would save the settings with no A/C power).

I don't think it's related to your graphics card.

Hi! I have updated my system to 10.6.8 and my audio has gone. Ibhave tried differents Vodoohda but I can´t get my sound back. I have the same MB that you. how you get it? Actually I can´t get my DSDT installed because then I have problems with my graphic card doing dual monitor.

Thanks in advance!

pd. is sound blaster pci card compatible with osx?? When I had sound I had to turn off the power everytime I start my OSX.

Hi beelzebozo,

great video that you've done. I just wanted to know if with a NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS there is another driver that I have to find.

Thanks in advance

Sirius199 said:
Hi beelzebozo,

great video that you've done. I just wanted to know if with a NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS there is another driver that I have to find.

Thanks in advance

Why?

beelzebozo said:
Sirius199 said:
Hi beelzebozo,

Thanks in advance

Why?

In order to make that card work in 10.6.8. as you did with your ENGTX 470. By your answer do I have to conclude that with the GeForce 8400GS everything will install by itself?

Thanks again.

Sirius199 said:
beelzebozo said:
Sirius199 said:
Hi beelzebozo,

Thanks in advance

Why?

In order to make that card work in 10.6.8. as you did with your ENGTX 470. By your answer do I have to conclude that with the GeForce 8400GS everything will install by itself?

Thanks again.

I've never installed an 8400GS so I can't tell you for certain. Only way to know is for you to try it.

Back