Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Will this one work(from Ebay)?

Not sure about that one.

this one will though.

Not sure about that one.

this one will though.

Thanks, I'll check it out and since it's cheap I'll order it by the end of the week or early next week. I'll report back with the results when I get it.

Hi all,

An additional wrinkle in my quest is the fact that I want to move up to Mojave soon so the card I buy needs to be supported in Mojave as well as support 2 displays.

Thanks,

Ok cool, gonna order one today if I can find one at a decent price.

Thanks,

Update: just ordered one that will arrive next week. Now have to get adapters to drive 2 hdmi monitors.

Update:

I got the card(rx560) but had to take off the back plate in order to install it. This was due to the design of the back of the case.

Anyway, I installed the card and booted the machine. After selecting the hackintosh to boot from, the computer displays the progress screen. It goes about 75% thru the booting process, then goes to a blank screen.

The only thing I see is 'hdmi' flash in the upper right corner of the screens(booting to 2 screens connected to the hdmi and displayport connections on the card).

Any ideas as to what is happening and what I can do to resolve this issue? I'm so close to making this hackintosh with a 2 monitor display, so any suggestions as to how to make this a reality are appreciated.

By the way, I am running OSX High Sierra.
Thanks,
In MacOS High Sierra or above, to load amd drivers, you need SSE 4.2 instruction(which your E8600 lacks) otherwise it won't load and will lead to black screen. But there is a workaround. You just need a kext that emulates SSE 4.2 instruction just enough to load AMD drivers. you can check out this post for that. If you still plan on using old Nvidia GPUs, I would recommend GTX 760 ~ 780 if you can find one for a reasonable price or for something less powerful, Dell GT 640 DDR5(Keplar, GK107) versions have DP port which can display up to 4K 60Hz. Proably the only version that has display port in Keplar based GT variant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back