i5 3470
Graphics
Intel HD
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I am having problems with a install of Catalina on a Dell Optiplex 7010 core i5 ivy bridge with integrated Intel HD. I am not worried about making my integrated graphics work if its not possible. Using the integrated graphics just brings up a black screen with just the mouse pointer and that is it. Looking for suggestions on what video card i should get that is low profile and works with Catalina. If i have to install Mojave i would understand to if i cannot find a video card that would work. I cannot attach a problem report as i cant even get into the mac os to gather that.

The latest lilu and whatevergreen kext are in the other folder for the EFI partition.

Followed the Guide published on this thread:

Since i cannot login with the black screen i was unable to follow through with kextbeast installer to install kext files

Last edited:
read the [Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

If yours has Intel HD2500 (i3-3220 or i5-3470) you can either
use a dedicated graphics card or replace it with the following:

HD 4000 Graphics

Intel Core i7-3770 / Intel Core i7-3770S

Intel Core i5-3475S / Intel Core i5-3335S

Intel Core i3-3245 / Intel Core i3-3225

Looking for suggestions on what video card i should get that is low profile and works with Catalina.
There are a few Nvidia Kepler Quadro cards that you can get in a LP version. The GT 710 works too.
  • Quadro 410
  • Quadro K420
  • Quadro K600
Look on Ebay to find one of these that has a LP bracket. They usually don't come with both full height and LP as new cards do. They all have DP and not HDMI like the GT 710 does. As itwas mentioned you can also install a low cost i5-3475S or i3-3225 to get HD4000. I've seen those i3s as low as 9 dollars on Ebay. :) Anyone can come up with 9 dollars for compatible Catalina graphics.

LP Quadro 410 costs just 15 USD on Ebay. Also a great deal for graphics.

Last edited:
thanks i will check into those video cards. Found out my main issue. Turns out my dell optiplex has the HD2500 integrated graphics. So all i did is put a fake id in for the HD4000 to fix my issue after i did some more research.

So all i did is put a fake id in for the HD4000 to fix my issue after i did some more research.
That doesn't fix the issue of having unsupported graphics. You should still implement one of the options in post #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back