CPU
i7 930
Graphics
Palit NE5X460SF1102 GeForce GTX 460
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I tried that procedure for a Windows machine with 2 dual GTE 460 cards and it did not work. The link you provide includes several other people experiencing the same problem as me with Premiere Pro CC 2014 I'd like to avoid that problem with this new system. Which video card are you using, and are you using Premiere Pro CC 2014?

I'm using the Gigabyte GTX770 4GB version with Premiere Pro CC 2014. It's working well in both PP and After Effects after editing the appropriate supported cards files.

Ow, 2 of those is going to be pricey (I have 4 screens), noisy and hot. I wonder if two EVGA GEForce GT 620s would work? They are fanless.

I'm using the Gigabyte GTX770 4GB version with Premiere Pro CC 2014. It's working well in both PP and After Effects after editing the appropriate supported cards files.

You did not read this thread before replying. I cited the buyer's guide in the initial posting. Problem is that none of those cards are listed as supported by Adobe for Premiere Pro CC 2014. Previous versions of Premiere were more lenient - you could patch a text file to add support. Maybe some cards will work, but I know that many cards are no longer supported. Only trial and error will tell us what works for sure.

So my new GTX 760 is NOT supported in CC 2014? I don't want to go backward and use CC. I've tried numerous variations on the GPU Sniffer in Terminal without success. I will be very disappointed if this is the case. I purposely bought the GTX 760 with the intention of using the CUDA cores with Adobe products.

Edit: After running Premier, Photoshop, and After Effects, it seems it does recognize the card on its own. AE does say "unsupported GPU", but does recognize it and shows all its info. I'm assuming this mean Adobe just woke up and saw the workaround everyone had and decided to leave it open and just put the message up. I'll try to edit some video and see if this actually works. Anyone had experience with "unsupported cards" in CC 2014?

IMO, you're better off with 740's rather than 620's. The new 740's are a rebadged 640/650. See the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide, Graphics Cards section for recommended cards.

I am also a bit stressed about this subject with my first build as I am a video guy. Can I get a bit of clarity on the above statement, please? So if I go and buy a 640/650, is it supported? Because I don't see them listed underneath the tonymac compatible graphics cards header.

Secondly, how sketchy is it exactly to run the "alternative cards"? I see that the 780m is listed under the compatible cards for Premiere CC 2014. Or is there a difference between the 780 and 780m? And if there is a difference between them then mslinn, you might want to take note that Stork is referencing a card that is not CC 2014 compatible.

Excuse me, I am a total noob to this.

I've got a new-ish system booted with Clover + Yosemite and a GTX 780, Gigabyte H97-D3H and i7-4790. I can test out Premiere CC 2014 and After Effects CC 2014 later tonight and see how it goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back