Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been having issues video and thumbnail noise when using the intel hd graphics and the discrete graphics together. I have tried Clover and Chimera and had the same problem on both. The issue goes away when I disable the on-board graphics in the bios but, that also disables the intel quick sync and my Final Cut Pro X exports take forever.

Examples http://imgur.com/a/f7GF5

Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 4.41.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 4.42.55 PM.png

Any help would be appreciated.

My Build:
Intel 4790k
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2gb
Ram 16gb 1600

MultiBeast Configuration:
Quick Start > EasyBeast
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150 Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.x TRIM Patch Drivers > Misc > ElliottForceLegacyRTC
Drivers > Misc > EvOreboot
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 HWMonitor Application Drivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers > Network > Atheros > Killer ALXEthernet v1.0.2 Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Instant Menu
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2 Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Nope, I even did a fresh install and still got the same graphics corruption.

Hi, I solved the issue in my case. Maybe it is just a coincidence but after adding the following kernel flags the coloured noise disappeared!
Code:
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>

I just added them in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Hi, I solved the issue in my case. Maybe it is just a coincidence but after adding the following kernel flags the coloured noise disappeared!
Code:
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>

I just added them in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist

This did not work for me. Just upgraded to 10.10.5 on a Haswell CPU, GTX 770, GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboard. Have not found a solution yet. I suffer from occasional colored noise in youtube, thumbnail and preview photos, and videos off my SSD. Mostly just happens on startup using discrete GPU, I don't use the integrated as of right now. All 4 are not affected at once, sometimes youtube, sometimes thumbnail, sometimes preview. For youtube I can refresh the page and that fixes the issue temporarily. Kind works the same for preview thumbnails too. Slightly annoying but would like to resolve 100% Will be doing more research.

This did not work for me. Just upgraded to 10.10.5 on a Haswell CPU, GTX 770, GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboard. Have not found a solution yet. I suffer from occasional colored noise in youtube, thumbnail and preview photos, and videos off my SSD. Mostly just happens on startup using discrete GPU, I don't use the integrated as of right now. All 4 are not affected at once, sometimes youtube, sometimes thumbnail, sometimes preview. For youtube I can refresh the page and that fixes the issue temporarily. Kind works the same for preview thumbnails too. Slightly annoying but would like to resolve 100% Will be doing more research.

Did you find a solution for this? I have had this problem on a fresh el capitan install about 2 month now. Using Both IntelHD and GTX 780.

best regards!

same issue in Sierra...

Did you find a solution for this? I have had this problem on a fresh el capitan install about 2 month now. Using Both IntelHD and GTX 780.

best regards!

(Sorry for the extremely late reply, it's been a while since I last logged in)

In regards to salvaging that particular install the short answer is partially. I read on multiple posts that disabling the Integrated Graphics in your BIOS can fix the YouTube and Garageband distorted color noise issue, and if I remember correctly that worked for me as well. What it didn't fix was the thumbnail distorted color noise, but, I discovered that my media drive was formatted to ExFat and not Mac Journaled. I suspect that may have been a possible reason for the thumbnail color noise distortion but I can't confirm since I discovered it after I reinstalled 10.10.5 using clover boot. The ExFat format also caused Pro Tools 11.3.1 to freeze when double clicking on crossfades and Photoshop CC to freeze when saving my project. Once I reformatted it to journaled the program freeze issues went away.

Are you using clover or multibeast? I can report that I've have had a much better out of the box experience using clover. The learning curve is about intermediate but very worth it. I don't have distorted color noise issues or USB Kernel panics. Also the Messages app works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back