Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I've been having issues video and thumbnail noise when using the intel hd graphics and the discrete graphics together. I have tried Clover and Chimera and had the same problem on both. The issue goes away when I disable the on-board graphics in the bios but, that also disables the intel quick sync and my Final Cut Pro X exports take forever.

Examples http://imgur.com/a/f7GF5

Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 4.41.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 4.42.55 PM.png

Any help would be appreciated.

My Build:
Intel 4790k
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2gb
Ram 16gb 1600

MultiBeast Configuration:
Quick Start > EasyBeast
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150 Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.x TRIM Patch Drivers > Misc > ElliottForceLegacyRTC
Drivers > Misc > EvOreboot
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.14.1364 HWMonitor Application Drivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers > Network > Atheros > Killer ALXEthernet v1.0.2 Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Instant Menu
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2 Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Nope, I even did a fresh install and still got the same graphics corruption.

Motherboard
GA H97N-WIFI
CPU
i3-4360
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I solved the issue in my case. Maybe it is just a coincidence but after adding the following kernel flags the coloured noise disappeared!
Code:
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>

I just added them in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770, 3.4 GHz, 8MB Cache, LGA1150
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I solved the issue in my case. Maybe it is just a coincidence but after adding the following kernel flags the coloured noise disappeared!
Code:
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>

I just added them in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist

This did not work for me. Just upgraded to 10.10.5 on a Haswell CPU, GTX 770, GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboard. Have not found a solution yet. I suffer from occasional colored noise in youtube, thumbnail and preview photos, and videos off my SSD. Mostly just happens on startup using discrete GPU, I don't use the integrated as of right now. All 4 are not affected at once, sometimes youtube, sometimes thumbnail, sometimes preview. For youtube I can refresh the page and that fixes the issue temporarily. Kind works the same for preview thumbnails too. Slightly annoying but would like to resolve 100% Will be doing more research.

Motherboard
Asus P9X79 WS (Workstation)
CPU
i7 3930K @ 4.2 Ghz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 680 Signature+
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
This did not work for me. Just upgraded to 10.10.5 on a Haswell CPU, GTX 770, GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboard. Have not found a solution yet. I suffer from occasional colored noise in youtube, thumbnail and preview photos, and videos off my SSD. Mostly just happens on startup using discrete GPU, I don't use the integrated as of right now. All 4 are not affected at once, sometimes youtube, sometimes thumbnail, sometimes preview. For youtube I can refresh the page and that fixes the issue temporarily. Kind works the same for preview thumbnails too. Slightly annoying but would like to resolve 100% Will be doing more research.

Did you find a solution for this? I have had this problem on a fresh el capitan install about 2 month now. Using Both IntelHD and GTX 780.

best regards!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i5 > Need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
same issue in Sierra...

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770, 3.4 GHz, 8MB Cache, LGA1150
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Did you find a solution for this? I have had this problem on a fresh el capitan install about 2 month now. Using Both IntelHD and GTX 780.

best regards!

(Sorry for the extremely late reply, it's been a while since I last logged in)

In regards to salvaging that particular install the short answer is partially. I read on multiple posts that disabling the Integrated Graphics in your BIOS can fix the YouTube and Garageband distorted color noise issue, and if I remember correctly that worked for me as well. What it didn't fix was the thumbnail distorted color noise, but, I discovered that my media drive was formatted to ExFat and not Mac Journaled. I suspect that may have been a possible reason for the thumbnail color noise distortion but I can't confirm since I discovered it after I reinstalled 10.10.5 using clover boot. The ExFat format also caused Pro Tools 11.3.1 to freeze when double clicking on crossfades and Photoshop CC to freeze when saving my project. Once I reformatted it to journaled the program freeze issues went away.

Are you using clover or multibeast? I can report that I've have had a much better out of the box experience using clover. The learning curve is about intermediate but very worth it. I don't have distorted color noise issues or USB Kernel panics. Also the Messages app works now.