Graphics
ATi XFX5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Is there ANY way to get Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H VIA VL800 USB 3.0 ports to work with USB 2.0? I have 6 of them on the back of my motherboard and none are working. Any advice?

Is there ANY way to get Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H VIA VL800 USB 3.0 ports to work with USB 2.0? I have 6 of them on the back of my motherboard and none are working. Any advice?

I don't know of any available kext for VIA VL800 USB 3.0. That's not to say one doesn't exist, have you searched Google?

there are many, all port works I have created, I t sends a kext for VIA usb3 kext is more a DSDT for audio

Attachments

• GA Z77X UD3H.zip
    5 MB · Views: 962
Thanks for the advice! I have searched google, and particularly osx86.com but that got me nowhere. I just want USB2.0 to function on the 6 USB3.0 ports I have. I will try the file you sent me.

======== EDIT ========

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I put in the kext and the USB ports work FLAWLESSLY. I am not sure if USB 3.0 speeds are working because I don't have any USB 3.0 devices, but for my VIA VL800 chip, this kext enabled the basic functions of my USB ports. Thank you so much. There are many people with the same problem, so you should probably make a post for working VIA VL800 USB kext. Thanks!

there are many, all port works I have created, I t sends a kext for VIA usb3 kext is more a DSDT for audio

Thank you very much! I've been running off 3 USB ports for months. This kext worked perfectly for me! All USB ports now working. The audio kext didn't work for me, but I've been using a USB sound card for a while, so at least I now have a spare USB port for it :)

sapphire112,

Thanks.

My rear 4 ports still don't work, but the front one works with your stuff.
Other 2 ports under the Ethernet port work as 2.0 .

ありがとう。

sapphire112,

Thanks.

My rear 4 ports still don't work, but the front one works with your stuff.
Other 2 ports under the Ethernet port work as 2.0 .

ありがとう。

Try disabling xHCI in BIOS

To see at the end and I know what is the reason to study it I comment to serve for some My board GA-Z77X-D3H It has four usb 3.0 ports with the VIA VL800 chip and the other two usb3 motherboard and two other intel-chip connector.

The transfer of data in intel to 5g.

The problem is in the VIA VL800 chip only activated if you use the GenericUSBXHCI.kext kext but it only works correctly, ie mount the usb on the desktop if I use version 1.2.11 (1.2.24 and 1.2.27) do not work,

They do not appear as mounted on system information and in usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back