Contribute
Register

VGA to DVI Display Issues - Cant get to BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Ok so i am not sure if i installed something that overwrote my settings or drivers or what but i have a monitor that is VGA but i am converting it to DVI through an adapter. The monitor comes on for a few seconds then goes black but still has power. I used this monitor for weeks with no issues.

This is so strange. Before i tried booting into my SSD from the flash drive i used to install and that fixed the issue temporarily for whatever reason. I have tried using a spare TV with an hdmi-dvi convertor and that works with no issues but i cannot use that on a daily basis.

Can anyone explain to me what is going on? I am aware that VGA doesnt play nice with hackintosh but it shouldnt be an issue if im converting it right?

note: the only change i made after i got it working was installing the new chimera but i tried downgrading and still have had no luck. STUMPED... Help!

specs: z77-ds3h
i5
nvidia geforce 8600 GT (dvi plugged in through this and PCI is set as main gfx in bios)

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
update: i have an older vga monitor that i used to convert to dvi and that has been working for about a week now without issues. i hate the 1024x768 resolution but its all i have for now. It seems that my old monitor must just be incompatible with converting to dvi for some reason.

i have even tried this on lion and now that i have updated to mavericks as well

Status
Not open for further replies.