VGA Port Not Working Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
InsydeH20 version F.24 (Clover)
CPU
i5-5200U @2.2Ghz
Graphics
Intel HD 5500, 1366 x 768. AMD R5 M330 2Gb (Disabled)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
I installed macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 on my laptop, and it works flawlessly. When I first installed it, I tried connecting it to my friend's computer monitor using VGA port and it works fine. Well, it works when I patched the DSDT and SSDT my own (incorrectly). But after my kind friend helped me patching it by sending the full Clover folder from EFI, it doesn't work anymore. But thanks to him, my laptop now can sleep, the audio is still poping after sleep, etc. I don't know what is the cause of the VGA doesn't work. Is it the DSDT and SSDT or the kexts I'm using right now? HDMI port works fine though.

My laptop specs:
HP 14-AC003TX
Intel HD 5500 with AMD Disabled
RAM 8Gb (Upgraded from 4Gb)
SSD 120 Corsair

I attached my full Clover, perhaps anyone could help me. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 102
I installed macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 on my laptop, and it works flawlessly. When I first installed it, I tried connecting it to my friend's computer monitor using VGA port and it works fine. Well, it works when I patched the DSDT and SSDT my own (incorrectly). But after my kind friend helped me patching it by sending the full Clover folder from EFI, it doesn't work anymore. But thanks to him, my laptop now can sleep, the audio is still poping after sleep, etc. I don't know what is the cause of the VGA doesn't work. Is it the DSDT and SSDT or the kexts I'm using right now? HDMI port works fine though.

My laptop specs:
HP 14-AC003TX
SSD 120 Corsair

No way with a VGA port since many years.
MacOS use digital output only... Sorry

My laptop specs:
HP 14-AC003TX
SSD 120 Corsair

Your ACPI is not patched correctly anyway (SSDT-10? no SSDT-10 in ACPI/origin, so should not be present).
According to your profile, you only have Intel graphics, so no reason for any SSDTs in ACPI/patched.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Although it is rare for VGA to work (usually it does not), the difference is probably the ig-platform-id in use.
Compare your current ig-platform-id injection to old.

No way with a VGA port since many years.
MacOS use digital output only... Sorry
But it was working before, I'm not sure what to do. FYI, here at my place lacks new technology. So we still use an old machine like a projector with VGA port, etc. So I really need my laptop VGA port works :banghead:

But it was working before, I'm not sure what to do. FYI, here at my place lacks new technology. So we still use an old machine like a projector with VGA port, etc. So I really need my laptop VGA port works :banghead:

Go back to your configuration where it was working, then determine the difference between that config and the one you're using now.

Thank you for replying RehabMan, I was expecting you to answer my question since yesterday :)

Your ACPI is not patched correctly anyway (SSDT-10? no SSDT-10 in ACPI/origin, so should not be present).
It was extracted using the patchmatic method. Maybe that's why there is SSDT-10 in there (I'm not really sure). I didn't patch it myself, my friend did. He is from another island but we are in the same country. We both joined Hackintosh Indonesia group on Facebook. He also couldn't find the problem causing my laptop VGA port not working.

According to your profile, you only have Intel graphics, so no reason for any SSDTs in ACPI/patched.
See guide:
Yes, I am only using Intel Graphic 5500. In my old EFI>Clover>ACPI>Patched I only use 3 DSDT/SSDTs. It's a patched DSDT.aml, SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml and ssdt.aml from ssdtPRGen.sh

Although it is rare for VGA to work (usually it does not), the difference is probably the ig-platform-id in use.
Compare your current ig-platform-id injection to old.
The config.plist my friend made for me is really different from the one I took from your GitHub sir. Like he didn't check Intel and insert any HEX in ig-platfrom-id in Graphic. I am using the one my friend made because now my laptop can sleep, etc. Please help me sir :rolleyes:

Go back to your configuration where it was working, then determine the difference between that config and the one you're using now.
I didn't see this quote sir since I was focused on my reply to your comment #4. My English is not very good since I'm not a native speaker. I am not good at patching, but I'll try my best to determine the differences between the two configs.

Excuse me, do you think this is a good method? I think it's kind of straightforward. I found it from my friend's post on Facebook
Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 10.51.34.png

It was extracted using the patchmatic method.

patchmatic -extract cannot be used for extract native files because the extraction is affected by Clover patching actions.
Must use only the files from ACPI/origin from Clover F4 extract.
See ACPI patching guide.

The config.plist my friend made for me is really different from the one I took from your GitHub sir. Like he didn't check Intel and insert any HEX in ig-platfrom-id in Graphic. I am using the one my friend made because now my laptop can sleep, etc. Please help me sir :rolleyes:

It is best to inject graphics properties from Clover, that way they are easy to change.
No need to inject from ACPI.
Re-patch your files without doing any graphics inject from ACPI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back